2 Nights stay,Breakfast & Dinner, All Taxes.
Dotted with Dense timbered woods, Kasauli is perched in the Solan district in the charming state of Himachal Pradesh. It offers the allure of a calm and composed tourist appeal. Kasauli is famed for its picture perfect surroundings and magnificent Victorian mansions. The snow-covered mountains, lush greenery, gurgling torrents and alpine meadows enhance the unspoiled exquisiteness of the hill station. It is undoubtedly an amazing place for all those who are seeking for a respite from the hustle and bustle of city life. It is one of the few places that built up by British kingdom during the peak time in India.
Day 01:-Delhi- Kasauli -(300 Kms/7-8 hrs.)
Morning pick up from New Delhi (Address will be provide later) & direct drive to Kasauli. Upon arrival check in to the hotel, Overnight Journey.
Day 02:-Kasauli -
After Breakfast. Day free at leisure or you can visit Kasauli Sightseeing (on your own expense)
Attractions in Kasauli
One of the most famous attractions in Kasauli is the Monkey Point which is the highest point in this place. One of the highest peaks in Kasauli is Monkey Point that falls at the distance of 4 km from Kasauli bus stop. Located in 'The Air Force Station' close to the Lower Mall region, the point offers breathtaking views of Chandigarh and the Sutlej River. There is a small temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman that sits on this hill. As per a legend of the Ramayana, when Lord Hanuman was returning from the Himalayas after getting the magical herb 'Sanjivani Booti', his foot touched Kasauli hilltop and that's the reason this place is named as Monkey Point.
Kasauli Brewery :
Set up in the late 1820s in Kasauli by Edward Dyer, Kasauli Brewery happens to be the oldest distillery for 'scotch whisky' in Asia. The equipment of brewing and distilling were brought by Edward himself from England and Scotland in the early 19th century. These equipments came by sailing ship before being loaded on the top of ox drawn carts and taken up to the Himalayas through Shimla. In fact, some of the equipment with the copper pot stills of early period is still in use today. Edward chose Kasauli as the location of his distillery and brewery because fine spring water was available there and the climate was just like the climate of Scotland. His stated aim was 'to produce a malt whisky as fine as Scotch whisky'. Another reason for selecting this location was because there was a nearby market sponsored by the British and civilians. He began by creating India Pale Ale and malt whisky from the brewery and distillery of Kasauli.
Located in the Indian Army cantonment, Kasauli Club was established by civilians and service personnel in 1880. It sits on the Upper Mall i.e. at a height of 6142 feet and known as one of the most prestigious social clubs in the country. It is managed by the Indian Army Personnel- Club Secretary. In the year 2001, there occurred a fire due to the malfunctioning of an electric component, which burnt down the entire club. Antique furniture, elegant cushioned sofas and beautifully crafted Roman table with chairs are the key features of the club. The boundary is marked with wine-racks that are used to hold the best wines.
On a short trip to the mall road of Kasauli, tourists would notice the historical landmark, Christ Church. What makes this church unique is the fact that it is the oldest church of Himachal Pradesh. Its picturesque structure and scenic beauty attract nature lovers from all across India. Dedicated to St. Francis and St. Barnabas, the present structure of the church was designed in the emblematic Gothic style architecture. Divine services of the church were started on 24 July, 1853, by Chaplain Thomas John Edward Steel, M.A., St. John's College, Cambridge. However, the church was revered as a holy place by Authority of the Bishop of Calcutta in 1857. Since 1970, the church has been regulated by the Church of North India (CNI), diocese of Amritsar. As soon as the sun shines, its rays enter through the painted mirrors of the church, which are vivid enough to rejuvenate the tourist. The stained glasses are imported from England when the church was built. The tombstones date back to the 1850s and earlier.
Located in the Nahri village of Kasauli, the Nahri Temple falls 6 km by road from the Kasauli bus stand. Dedicated to the Lord Shiva and Goddess Durga, the temple is believed to have been built some 150 years back. Also known as the Jantar Mantar Choo Mantar Mahadev Mandir, it is famous for celebrating Shivratri and Dussehra festival celebrations. It has beautiful idols of Lord Shiva and Goddess Durga, which are placed inside the temple. There is also a century old 'Bauri' nearby the temple that offers sweet clean water. There are plenty of visitors or pilgrims flocking this place every year to worship the almighty and find relief in its celestial atmosphere. One may enjoy the trip to Nahri temple by trekking the kuchha trek that begins from old Kasauli road and passes through the old cemetery.
Day 03:-Kasauli- Delhi (300 kms /7-8 hrs.):-
Morning after breakfast check-out from the hotel & direct drive to Delhi.
Note: Above Quote/ Itinerary is just indicative. Do not consider it as a Final Schedule. Date& Time of Tours can be changed by Local Agent / Tour Operator.
1. Prices are dynamic and subject to change unless the booking is confirmed or vouchered. These are only offers over which STPL will try its best to initiate the process of confirmation. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer at any given time.
2. All Travellers must have a valid passport & visa or the required documents for visa at the time of booking otherwise company reserves the right to dishonor the booking.
3. Refusal or delay in issuance of Visa by concerned Authorities or any Immigration /On-arrival Clearance is a sole discretion of Foreign Embassies & Visa Issuing Authorities over which Company has no control. Visa Guidelines apply as per Booking Form attached.
4. In case of unavailability in the listed hotels & airlines, arrangement for an alternate accommodation with similar standard &alternate flight option will be made with availability .
5. Minimum Advance amount (part of tour cost) is taken to process the booking and to secure part Tour/Combo Cost & booking & reservation fees/cancellation charges or documentation amount for Visa submission as applicable (varying from case to case) in case tour is cancelled for whatsoever reason.
6. Given is a suggested itinerary and it may change as per the availability at the time of booking.
7. Extra Bed policy: can be a sofa cum bed / mattress / roll away or sharing the twin bed unless specified.
8. Child Policy: Every Hotel & service provider’s Child Policy is different. Child with bed & breakfast with 2 Adults means he/she will be provided with an Extra Bed which can be Sofa Cum Bed/Mattress/Roll away or sharing the rooms with parents unless specified. Alternately, where its clearly being mentioned Child No Bed/Breakfast(unless specified of any), it states that child will be provided only land arrangement. Breakfast & Bed if applicable, will be payable at the time of check in( as per hotel policy) if not prepaid. Few Hotels do not entertain 2 children in one room due to its size & their own policy.2 rooms will be required if 2 adults & 2 children (below 11yrs) are travelling together.
9. Hill stations Bookings within India :
-Hotels in hill stations may not have air conditioning due to weather conditions of the location or heaters .
-A/c in Vehicles will be operational only in plain areas.
10.The prices quoted by the Company in its brochures / quotation are in US Dollars or equivalent in foreign currency (local currency of the foreign country / countries being visited). The Company reserves the right to amend these prices in case of currency fluctuation and changes in various rates of exchange and/or fuel cost before departure, and to surcharge accordingly. All such increases in price in any sector of airlines , hotel, transportation etc must be paid for in full. Even seats reserved on the fare might increase due to taxes or airlines policy over which Skylink plays no role & has no control.
11. Check in / Check out. Most hotels worldwide observe 1400-1600 Hrs. as Check-in time & 1000-1200 Hrs. as Check out time. If the Tourist/Group arrival is before or departure is after the normal check-in or check-out time, the Company is not responsible for additional charges levied by the hotel or travel component supplier and such charges are to be settled by the Tourist/Group directly with the hotel or travel components supplier.
1. Welcome Drink on arrival.
2. 2N Stay in chosen packages.
3. Fruit Basket & cookies on arrival day.
3. Daily Breakfast & Dinner.
4. Tea/ Coffee maker in the rooms.
5. Games like Pool Table, Table Tennis and Foosball Table etc.
6. Wi-Fi access
7. Special 10% Discount on SPA
8. All Taxes.
1. GST Extra on Total Billing unless specified .
2. Any charges related to Peak Season /festival/Holiday period/Early Check in /Late Check Out/Mandatory Meals/Up gradations of rooms
3. Entrance Fee /Monument fees
4. Insurance, Baggage Claim & any related charges.
5. Hotel Security Deposit at the Check In/Resort Fees /City Taxes/Tourism Fees are always payable directly at Check In at Hotel.
6. Luggage truck ,Porterage Charges, Tips, Laundry , Extra Meals , all beverages etc
7. Intercity surface transfers unless specified.
8. Breakfast missed due to flight timing.
9. In case Itinerary is blocked with Limited Kms & Hours (especially applicable for Indian Itineraries): Any extra kms/Extra Hours charges payable extra to Driver /DMC directly by the customer in case the Travelling goes beyond the blocked kilometers limit/Fixed Tour plan/Point to Point (transportation rates are charged from garage to garage i.e. the starting & ending point of the vehicle).
10. Anything not mentioned under inclusions & any in Taxes, ROE, Fees or any hike over which STPL has no control.
- 36 days or more before departure: 80% of the package will be refunded
- Cancellation stage : 21 -35 days before departure :50% of the package will be refunded.
- Cancellation stage : 20 days or less before departure :No Refund.
Non-refundable Booking, Any Misc Services with Non-refundable Charges cannot be counted /considered under the given policy. No refund will be there whatever the case may be.
BEST TIME TO VISIT KASAULI :
Summer - From April till July
Summers of Kasauli are soothing and magnificent. Days are mildly warm and sunny and the nights are colder. Temperature at this time ranges from 25 degrees Celsius to 35 degrees Celsius. In this season, you can find tourist flocking from different parts of the country and the world. Hence, it is advised to get advanced booking of the accommodations and transportations. Don’t forget to visit Kasauli’s topmost attractions like Hawa Ghar, Timber Trail, Sunset Point, Lower/ Upper Mall, Monkey Point, Kasauli Brewery, Mughal Garden and many others.
Monsoon - From July till September
Kasauli receives scanty rainfall in the monsoon season. The weather stays enlivening and the temperature ranges between 24 degrees Celsius to 32 degrees Celsius.
Winter - From October till March
Winters in Kasauli are chilling and pleasant. Temperature during this season falls as low as 5 degrees Celsius and the maximum it reaches is about 14 degrees Celsius. There are occasional snowfalls in and around Kasauli; a perfect delight for the snow lovers.
HOW TO REACH KASAULI?
The closest airport to arrive at Kasauli is at Chandigarh, around 70 km away. Taxis and buses are available from Chandigarh to Kasauli.
The nearest railway station is situated at a distance of 25 km from Kasauli and that is Kalka. One can easily get a taxi from the station to make it to the desired destination.
Kasauli is well connected with all the main cities of India by excellent roads. Volvo buses are also available from Chandigarh, Delhi and many other cities in proximity to this beautiful town.
Adventure Activities to do in Kasauli:
Trekking , Nature Walks ,Paragliding,Camping etc.