2N Dambulla, 1N Kandy, 1N Nuwara Eliya, 2N Colombo
2N Dambulla, 1N Kandy, 1N Nuwara Eliya, 2N Colombo
Ramayana Tours in Sri Lanka. The ultimate spiritual travel experience in Asia We offer you an opportunity to follow the Ramayana trails and visit the most important Ramayana sights in Sri Lanka. These tours are exclusively for religious and spiritual Hindus but also offers an in-depth knowledge of Ramayana heritage in Sri Lanka, for the non-Hindus.
Tentative Tour Plan:
Day 1 Apt – Via chillaw to Dambulla
Up on arrival you will warmly welcome to Sri Lanka and proceed to Dambulla en route visit Munneshwaram temple &Manavery temple.
Overnight stay at hotel – Dambulla.
Munishwaram Temple - It is believed that Munishwaram predates the Ramayana and a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva was located here. Munishwaram means the first temple for Shiva (Munnu + Easwaran). A Shiva Lingam was already here when Lord Rama visited this place. Lord Rama after his victorious battle left for Ayodhya with Sita in one of King Ravana’sVimanas. He felt he was being followed by a Bramhaasthi Dosham (a malevolent black shadow) as he had killed King Ravana who was a Brahmin.
Manavari Temple - When the Vimana was passing over Munishwaram, he felt the Vimana vibrating, and realized the BrahmaastiDosham was not following him at this particular point. He stopped the Vimana at this juncture and asked god Lord Shiva for advice. Lord Shiva blessed Lord Rama and advised installing and praying at four lingams located at Manavari, ThiruKoneshwaram, ThiruKetheshwaram and Rameshwaram in India as the only remedy to get rid of the dosham. The first lingam was installed at Manavari about 5km from here, near the banks of the DeduruOya. At the Manavari Temple ChilawManavari is the first lingam installed and prayed by Rama and till date this lingam is called as RamalingaShivan. Rameshwaram is the only other lingam in world named after Lord Rama.
Day 02 Dambulla - Trincomalee– Dambulla
After breakfast proceeds to Trincomalee & do a city tour in Trincomalee including Tirukoneshwaram temple and hot water wells. Then back to Dambulla.
Overnight stay at hotel – Dambulla
Trincomalee - Located on the east coast of the island .The city is built on a peninsula, which divides the inner and outer harbours. In the close vicinity of Trincomalee are some of the finest beaches of Sri Lanka, visit Tirukoneshwaram shrine .The construction time of Koneswaram temple has been estimated by comparison between carved reliefs on the temple's ruins, literature on the shrine and the inscriptions commonly used in royal charters from the 5th to 18th centuries. Koneswaram was likely founded before 400 BCE, another significant factor of the shrine is the Shakthipeedam (Shankari Amman Statue)
Day 03 Trincomalee – Kandy
After breakfast proceed to Kandy and do a city tour including temple of the tooth relic. En route visit herbal garden.
In the evening you will witness the cultural dance show. ( If time permits )
Overnight stay at hotel – Kandy.
Temple of the tooth relic - Sri DaladaMaligawa or the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is a Buddhist temple in the city of Kandy, Sri Lanka. It is located in the royal palace complex of the former Kingdom of Kandy, which houses the relic of the tooth of Buddha.
Kandy – Visit vinayagar Temple at Kandy, gem museum and do a Kandy city tour. Kandy is the last capital of the Sri Lankan kings which is a world heritage site. The name Kandy conjures visions of splendor and magnificence. Many of the legends, traditions and folklore are still lovingly kept alive. Drive around the Kandy lake built by the last Sinhala king Sri WickramaRajasinghe in 1806, visit the Kandy town and bazaar, the arts and crafts center and a gem museum and lapidary.
Day 04 Kandy via Ramboda Nuwara Eliya
After breakfast at the hotel proceed to NuwaraEliya en route visit Ramboda hanuman temple &Ramboda water fall. Then do a city tour in NuwaraEliya including tea plantation & tea factory.
Overnight stay at Hotel – NuwaraEliya
Hannuman Shrine ( HanumanGada ) - which was dedicated to lord Hanuman and its believed to be the place where Hanumman been landed in the country in search of Sitha , can observe a 18 foot hightHanumman statute.
Nuwaraeliya - is a town in the central highlands of Sri Lanka with a picturesque landscape and temperate climate. It is located at an altitude of 1,868 m (6,128 ft) and is considered to be the most important location for Tea production in Sri Lanka. The town is overlooked by Pidurutalagala, the tallest mountain in Sri Lanka." The city was founded by Samuel Baker, the discoverer of Lake Albert and the explorer of the Nile in 1846. NuwaraEliya's climate lent itself to becoming the prime sanctuary of the British civil servants and planters in Ceylon. NuwaraEliya, called Little England. For a picturesque stroll, stop by the well-maintained Victoria Park or head for Gregory’s Lake, which is located just south of the town. You can also hire boats here also visit the international Golf and race courses and proceed to Sithaeliya witness the legendry Sitha Amman temple in the AsokeVathika( Ashoke forest ) and visit Gayathri amman temple also.
Day 05 Nuwara Eliya -Colombo
After breakfast proceed to Ella. En route visit Diurumpola temple in Welimada. Then proceed to Ella and visit Ravana cave temple. Then back to Colombo.
Overnight stay at Hotel – Colombo
Divurumpola Temple - Still revered by thousands, this holy haven was the place where Sita performed her Agni Pariksha (proving her chastity) to her husband Rama. Continuing the practice for thousands of years, villagers still pledge their fidelity or take oaths there and even in certain courts, this agreement was binding. This place has been respected and worshipped by people down the ages.
Ravana Cave Ella- is a small mountain village near Bandarawela and boasts three locations linked to the Ramayana where local legend claims Ravana was hiding Sita. First there is the Ravana Ella Cave, located at the massive Ella Falls; a breathtaking 1080 feet high waterfall that cascades into several falls. The rocky undergoes of the waterfall is Khondalite, a kind of limestone which undergoes faster decay as hard gneiss or granite. This has resulted in many caves being formed near the falls. King Ravana is said to have lived in one of the caves above the waterfall. A nearby pool bored out of the rock by the gushing waters is where Sita is said to have bathed Ravana.
Day 06 Colombo
After breakfast do a city tour including PanchamugaAjanyear Temple and Vibishana temple.
Evening do a shopping tour.
Overnight stay at – Colombo.
Panchamuga Ajanyear Temple - This is the first Anjaneyar Temple in Sri Lanka and also the only Panchamuga (five faced) Anjaneyar Temple in Sri Lanka. Its the only temple in the world to have a chariot for Ajanyear.
Colombo - the commercial and business center of Sri Lanka located on west coast. The city blends together with old colonial type building, high-rise commercial buildings and hotels. It is filled with shopping malls, airline offices bazaars and interesting tourist attractions. Some of the finest structures built during the colonial times still preserved in one part of the City. During the city tour visit BMICH, Colonial style Town hall,old parliament complex replica of Aukana Buddha statue, Galle face green, PanchamugaAnjaneyer Temple ect later do a city shopping.
Day 07 Colombo – APT
After breakfast. Proceed to airport for departure.
Note : Above Itinerary is just indicative & do not consider it as a final schedule. Date & Time of Tours can be changed by local agent/guide/Tour Operator.
1. Prices are dynamic and subject to change unless the booking is confirmed or vouchered. These are only offers over which Skylink will try its best to initiate the process of confirmation. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer at any given time.
2. All Travelers must have a valid passport & visa or the required documents for visa at the time of booking otherwise company reserves the right to dishonor the booking.
3. Refusal or delay in issuance of Visa by concerned Authorities or any Immigration /On-arrival Clearance is a sole discretion of Foreign Embassies & Visa Issuing Authorities over which Company has no control. Visa Guidelines apply as per Booking Form attached.
4. In case of unavailability in the listed hotels & airlines, arrangement for an alternate accommodation with similar standard &alternate flight option will be made with availability .
5. Minimum Advance amount (part of tour cost) is taken to process the booking and to secure part Tour/Combo Cost & booking & reservation fees/cancellation charges or documentation amount for Visa submission as applicable (varying from case to case) in case tour is cancelled for whatsoever reason.
6. Given is a suggested itinerary and it may change as per the availability at the time of booking.
7. Extra Bed policy: can be a sofa cum bed / mattress / roll away or sharing the twin bed unless specified.
8. Child Policy: Every Hotel & service provider’s Child Policy is different. Child with bed & breakfast with 2 Adults means he/she will be provided with an Extra Bed which can be Sofa Cum Bed/Mattress/Roll away or sharing the rooms with parents unless specified. Alternately, where its clearly being mentioned Child No Bed/Breakfast(unless specified of any), it states that child will be provided only land arrangement. Breakfast & Bed if applicable, will be payable at the time of check in( as per hotel policy) if not prepaid. Few Hotels do not entertain 2 children in one room due to its size & their own policy.2 rooms will be required if 2 adults & 2 children (below 11yrs) are travelling together.
9. Hill stations Bookings within India :
-Hotels in hill stations may not have air conditioning due to weather conditions of the location or heaters .
-A/c in Vehicles will be operational only in plain areas.
10. The prices quoted by the Company in its brochures / quotation are in US Dollars or equivalent in foreign currency (local currency of the foreign country / countries being visited). The Company reserves the right to amend these prices in case of currency fluctuation and changes in various rates of exchange and/or fuel cost before departure, and to surcharge accordingly. All such increases in price in any sector of airlines , hotel, transportation etc must be paid for in full. Even seats reserved on the fare might increase due to taxes or airlines policy over which Skylink plays no role & has no control.
11. Check in / Check out. Most hotels worldwide observe 1400-1600 Hrs. as Check-in time & 1000-1200 Hrs. as Check out time. If the Tourist/Group arrival is before or departure is after the normal check-in or check-out time, the Company is not responsible for additional charges levied by the hotel or travel component supplier and such charges are to be settled by the Tourist/Group directly with the hotel or travel components supplier.
- Return Economy Airfare Ex Delhi (Sub to availability)
- 2 Nights stay in Sigiriya/ Habarana /Dambulla
- 1 Night stay in Kandy
- 1 Night stay in Nuwara Eliya
- 2 Nights stay in Colombo
- Accommodation at the hotels mentioned or similar with on All Meals basis starting with lunch on day 01 and ending with breakfast on last day. (Colombo dinner and lunches at the outside Indian restaurant )
- Transportation in a pvt air conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English speaking chauffer . (Below 08 pax )
- Service of an national English speaking guide. ( Above 10 pax )
- City tour of Colombo.
- City tour of Kandy/ NuwaraEliya/ Dambulla.
- Daytrip to Trincomalee and visit.
- All entry fee as per above program.
- Airport transfers.
- Government Tax (VAT 15%).
- Toll charges.
- Free Wi-Fi in Company Vehicles(subject to availability)
- 5% Discount voucher to shop at ODEL dress boutique in Colombo.
- Free coupon worth LKR 1000/- for playing at Casino, Colombo(coupon provided on request only - Please request upon confirmation of the booking)
- 15% Discount voucher at a Jewelry shop (only in Colombo or Kandy)
- Wheel Chair for physically challenged citizens. (on request)
- One bottle of Mineral Water per person on arrival (For round tour clients only)
1. GST Extra on Total Billing
2. Visa Fees payable to Concerned Authorities
3. Any charges related to Peak Season /festival/Holiday period/Early Check in /Late Check Out/Mandatory Meals/Upgradations of rooms
4. Entrance Fee /Monument fees/ Guide Charges / Optional Cost
5. Insurance , Baggage Claim & any related charges.
6. Hotel Security Deposit at the Check In/Resort Fees /City Taxes/Tourism Fees are always payable directly at Check In at Hotel.
7. Luggage truck ,Porterage Charges,Tips, Laundry , Extra Meals , all beverages etc
8. Intercity surface transfers unless specified.
9. Breakfast missed due to flight timing.
10. In case Itinerary is blocked with Limited Kms & Hours ( especially applicable for Indian Itineraries ) :Any extra kms/Extra Hours charges payable extra to Driver /DMC directly by the customer in case the Travelling goes beyond the blocked kilometers limit/Fixed Tour plan/Point to Point ( transportation rates are charged from garage to garage i.e. the starting & ending point of the vehicle) .
11. Anything not mentioned under inclusions & any in Taxes, ROE, Fees or any hike over which Skylink has no control.
- 36 days or more before departure :80% of the package will be refunded
- Cancellation stage : 21 -35 days before departure :50% of the package will be refunded
- Cancellation stage : 20 days or less before departure :No Refund
- Non-refundable Booking, Any Misc Services with Non-refundable Charges cannot be counted /considered under the given policy. No refund will be there whatever the case may be.
Visa Information (Sub to Change):-
You can get a short stay visa online at: Electronic Travel Authority (ETA).. Tourist visas are normally issued for a maximum period of 30 days. Although it's still possible to get a tourist visa on arrival, it's better to get one before you travel. If you arrive in Sri Lanka without a visa, you could face delays.