1N Reykjavik, 2N Borgarnes, 1N Hveragerdi, 2N Kirkjubaejarkaustur, 1N Reykjavik
1N Reykjavk, 2N Borgarnes, 1N Hverageroi, 2N Kirkjubaejarklaustur,1N Reykjavik (Join in Group)
Discover the Golden Circle, the Snfellsnes Peninsula, the Blue Lagoon, the Jkulsrln Glacier Lagoon and Black lava beaches. Climb a volcano, embark on a fjord cruise, stop at a shark farmer, meet Icelandic horses, see turf farmsteads and churches. There is an optional ice cave tour at Vatnajokull glacier from mid-November to mid-March and an optional Northern Lights by boat cruise from Reykjavk. Our Northern Lights Exploration series are designed to include the highlights of Iceland and aim to maximise the chances of seeing the elusive Northern Lights, as 6 out of 7 nights are spent in the darkness away from light pollution.
Reykjavik Overview: Reykjavik, on the coast of Iceland, is the country's capital and largest city. It's home to the National and Saga museums, tracing Iceland’s Viking history. The striking concrete Hallgrimskirkja church and rotating Perlan glass dome offer sweeping views of the sea and nearby hills. Exemplifying the island’s volcanic activity is the geothermal Blue Lagoon spa, near the village of Grindavik.
Borgarnes Overview: Borgarnes, Iceland, is a picturesque little town on a rocky peninsula, with a great view in all directions and a lot of fun things to see and do.
Hverageroi Overview: Hverageroi has long been one of Iceland's most popular tourist destinations.The town is known for its greenhouses, which are heated by hot water from volcanic hot springs.
Kirkjubaejarklaustur Overview: Kirkjuaejarklaustur is a village in the south of Iceland on the hringvegur between Vik I Myrdal and Hofn. Nearby tourist attractions include the Laki craters, the Eldgja and Skaftafell, all in Vatnajokull National Park.
Tentative Tour Plan:-
Day 1 Welcome to Iceland (50km / 31mls)
Individual transfer by Flybus shuttle from Keflavik International airport to your accommodation in Reykjavik where you spend the night. Dinner is on your own. Overnight at Hotel. Meals: No Meal
Day 2 Reykjavik City Tour & Borgarfjordur Saga Valley (245km / 152mls)
At 09:00 meet your tour guide who shows the group the highlights of Iceland’s exciting capital. Then we head west. Borgarfjorour is known as the Saga Valley because of its many important historical events. We get a chance to climb the Grabrok volcano crater and visit Deildartunguhver, Europe’s most powerful hot spring. Hraunfossar is a series of waterfalls pouring from beneath a wide lava field. Barnafoss – the Children’s falls, is nearby with its own tragic tale. The afternoon includes a lecture about Northern Lights. After dinner, we step into the hotel garden in search of the Northern Lights followed by a hot cup of chocolate or tea. Dinner is on your own. Overnight at Hotel. Meals: Breakfast
Day 3 Snafellsnes Peninsula & Fjord Cruise (250km / 155mls)
The Snaefellsnes Peninsula, “the peninsula of the snowy mountain“, juts out from Iceland’s west coast, like a long arm with a clenched fist at its tip, and is in many ways a microcosm of the whole island. A rugged mountain chain runs its length. We travel to the charming fishing town of Stykkisholmur for a cruise in the Breioafjorour fjord. After a light lunch a uniquely Icelandic “treat“ awaits us at Bjarnarhofn, where they make Hakarl – the fermented shark. Depending on road and weather conditions, we visit the fishing village of Grundarfjorour, a place with an impressive coastline and mountains, lakes and waterfalls behind the village. Jutting out into the bay rises one of the most photographed mountains in Iceland, Mt. Kirkjufell. On the way back to Borgarnes the guide gives you some practical tips on how to photograph the Auroras as part of the Northern Lights Academy program. Naturally, once darkness falls, we are out in the hotel garden to chase the Northern Lights and to soak in the hotel’s outdoor hot tubs. Dinner is on your own. Overnight at Hotel. Meals: Breakfast & Light lunch
Day 4 Golden Circle, Geothermal Taste & Icelandic Horse (240km / 149mls)
Today we travel along the Hvalfjorour fjord. The first stop is at an Icelandic wool outlet store, to see what they do with all those sheep! We continue inland to pingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. We travel the Golden Circle route, see steam rising from the Geysir geothermal fields. The chef of the Restaurant Geysir invites you to taste freshly baked hot spring bread served with Icelandic butter, boiled eggs and herring. On we travel to double waterfall of Gullfoss. In the afternoon, you learn about the Icelandic horse, its unique qualities and history and visit a geothermal greenhouse, before we reach the accommodation in South Iceland. Tonight, step into the darkness and search for the elusive Northern Lights, while best enjoyed from a comfortable hot tub in the garden of the hotel, amidst the peace and stillness of rural Iceland. Dinner is on your own. Overnight at Hotel. Meals: Breakfast
Day 5 Natural Wonders of South Iceland & Eyjafjallajokull Volcano (197km / 123mls)
Today we travel along the South coast. At the Lava & Volcano Exhibition Center, we learn about geology and active volcanoes. Further east we visit one of Iceland’s finest folk museums. This museum contains an outstanding collection of farm and domestic artefacts from Iceland’s past and several turf-built houses. Nearby is Skogafoss waterfall which is 60 meters high and one of the most impressive waterfalls in the country. In the afternoon we take a stroll on the black lava beach and along bird cliffs at Reynisfjara in South Iceland. We spend two nights near Kirkjubaejarklaustur in the Vatnajokull National Park region, located in darkness and ideal for Northern Lights search. Dinner is on your own. Overnight at Hotel. Meals: Breakfast
Day 6 Vatnajokull National Park & Glacier including Glacial Lagoon and Diamond Beach (255km / 159mls)
Today’s program is all about glaciers, ice and icebergs. We travel to Jokulsarlon, a glacial lagoon filled with floating icebergs, and we explore the amazing site and might see seals swimming in arctic waters. You can walk on the black sandy beach, the so-called Diamond beach, where large icebergs get stranded. In the afternoon we visit the tiny turf church at Hof and spend time at Europe’s largest national park, which has Iceland’s highest mountains, an alpine environment, and Europe’s largest glacier. In the evening enjoy a film presentation about the Northern Lights as part of the Northern Lights Academy program. Be careful not to go to bed too soon in this remote and quiet location, or you may miss out one more chance of seeing the Northern Lights shimmering and dancing across the night sky.
Optional Ice Cave Tour offered between November 15th and March 15th
The tour takes about 2,5 hours in total – nearly 30-minute drive by 4*4 vehicle from the jokulsarlon glacier lagoon and 5-15 minutes hike (one-way). You spend about one hour inside the ice cave. You need good hiking boots, warm clothing that keeps you dry from the dripping water in the ice cave. Minimum age is 10 years old. The ice cave tour can only be booked on day 2 of Northern Lights Exploration tour. You will have to fill in and sign an order form, once done a cancellation is not possible. Ice cave bookings have to be finalised with the guide by dinner time on day 2 of the tour. Bookings afterwards cannot be accommodated due to limited space. The price is ISK 23.000 (about EUR 210) per person; subject to change. Payment is due with the ice cave tour operator on day 6 in Icelandic Krona – cash only! The ice cave explorers meet their local guide at the glacier lagoon at 14:00 and will be brought back to the hotel after the ice cave tour, while the rest of the group continues the official tour program. The ice cave explorers will miss out on some of the official tour programs, as there is no time for everything, but the stop and visit at the Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon are included for all group members.
Dinner is on your own. Overnight at Hotel. Meals: Breakfast
Day 7 South Shore, Reykjavik & Blue Lagoon (350km / 218mls)
From Kirkjubaejarklaustur we head across the Eldhraun lava field to the village of Vik, where we make a photo stop. The black lava beach with high bird cliffs and pounding waves is awe-inspiring. Further west we reach the high but narrow Seljalandsfoss waterfall which plunges from the mountain. In the afternoon we return to Reykjavik and have about 2 hour leisure time to explore Iceland’s capital on our own, visit museums, do some shopping or simply rest after all this touring. In the evening, we get to soak in the famous Blue Lagoon. After an Icelandic farewell dinner at a local restaurant, we go on one last nocturnal tour to seek more Northern Lights. Around midnight we reach Reykjavik for one last night. Overnight at Hotel. Meals: Breakfast & Farewell dinner included
Day 8 Departure from Reykjavik (50km / 31mls)
Individual transfer by Flybus shuttle bus from your accommodation in Reykjavik to Keflavik International Airport. Meals: Breakfast
NOTE: Itineraries may be subject to change at short notice during severe weather conditions and certain outdoor activities/day trips may be cancelled during the winter season in Iceland. In these rare cases, where situations of force majeure apply, excursions/activities cannot be refunded but the local guides will try their best to find reasonable alternatives where and whenever possible.
1. Prices are dynamic and subject to change unless the booking is confirmed or vouchered. These are only offers over which Skylink will try its best to initiate the process of confirmation. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer at any given time.
2. All Travellers must have a valid passport & visa or the required documents for visa at the time of booking otherwise company reserves the right to dishonor the booking.
3. Refusal or delay in issuance of Visa by concerned Authorities or any Immigration /On-arrival Clearance is a sole discretion of Foreign Embassies & Visa Issuing Authorities over which our Company has no control. Visa Guidelines apply as per Booking Form attached.
4. In case of unavailability in the listed hotels & airlines, arrangement for an alternate accommodation with similar standard & alternate flight option will be made with availability.
5. Minimum Advance amount (part of tour cost) is taken to process the booking and to secure part Tour/Combo Cost & booking & reservation fees/cancellation charges or documentation amount for Visa submission as applicable (varying from case to case) in case tour is cancelled for whatsoever reason.
6. Given is a suggested itinerary and it may change as per the availability at the time of booking.
7. Extra Bed policy: can be a sofa cum bed / mattress / roll away or sharing the twin bed unless specified.
8. Child Policy: Every Hotel & service provider’s Child Policy is different. Child with bed & breakfast with 2 Adults means he/she will be provided with an Extra Bed which can be Sofa Cum Bed/Mattress/Roll away or sharing the rooms with parents unless specified. Alternately, where its clearly being mentioned Child No Bed/Breakfast(unless specified of any), it states that child will be provided only land arrangement. Breakfast & Bed if applicable, will be payable at the time of check in( as per hotel policy) if not prepaid. Few Hotels do not entertain 2 children in one room due to its size & their own policy.2 rooms will be required if 2 adults & 2 children (below 11yrs) are travelling together.
9. The prices quoted by the Company in its brochures / quotation are in US Dollars or equivalent in foreign currency (local currency of the foreign country / countries being visited). The Company reserves the right to amend these prices in case of currency fluctuation and changes in various rates of exchange and/or fuel cost before departure, and to surcharge accordingly. All such increases in price in any sector of airlines , hotel, transportation etc must be paid for in full. Even seats reserved on the fare might increase due to taxes or airlines policy over which Skylink plays no role & has no control.
10. Standard hotel check-in time for domestic and international hotels is from 1400 hours to 1600 hours and check-out time is 1000 hours to 1200 hours. Complimentary early check-in or late check-out will be subject to availability at the discretion of the hotel.
1. 1 Night stay in Reykjavik with Breakfast
2. 2 Nights stay in Borgarnes with Breakfast
3. 1 Night stay in Hverageroi with Breakfast
4. 2 Nights stay in Kirkjubaejarklaustur with Breakfast
5. 1 Night stay in Reykjavik with Breakfast
6. Transfer from Keflavik International Airport to Hotel
7. Sightseeing as per Itinerary:-
- Reykjavik City Tour & Borgarfjordur Saga Valley
- Snaefellsnes Peninsula & Fjord Cruise
- Golden Circle, Geothermal Taste & Icelandic Horse
- Natural Wonders of South Iceland & Eyjafjallajokull Volcano
- Vatnajokull National Park & Glacier including Glacial Lagoon and Diamond Beach
- South Shore, Reykjavik & Blue Lagoon
8. Transfer from Hotel to Keflavik International Airport
**Children discount: 25% discount for children 8-11 years of age if sharing room with parents. Tour is not recommended for children younger than eight years of age. Triple rooms are double rooms with extra bed and ideal for two adults and one child.
1. GST Extra on Total Billing unless specified
2. Visa on arrival or Visa Fees payable to Concerned Authorities
3. Any charges related to Peak Season /festival/Holiday period/ Chinese New Year/ /Early Check in /Late Check Out/Mandatory Meals/Upgradations of rooms
4. Entrance Fee /Monument fees
5. Insurance , Baggage Claim & any related charges.
6. Hotel Security Deposit at the Check In & Resort Fees /City Taxes/Tourism Fees are always payable directly at Check in.
7. Luggage truck ,Porterage Charges, Tips, Laundry , Extra Meals , all beverages etc
8. Intercity surface transfers/ Airfare/Train Fare unless specified.
9. Breakfast missed due to flight timing.
10. In case Itinerary is blocked with Limited Kms & Hours (especially applicable for Indian Itineraries) :Any extra kms/Extra Hours charges payable extra to Driver /DMC directly by the customer in case the Travelling goes beyond the blocked kilometers limit/Fixed Tour plan/Point to Point ( transportation rates are charged from garage to garage i.e. the starting & ending point of the vehicle) .
11. Anything not mentioned under inclusions & any in Taxes, ROE, Fees or any hike over which Skylink has no control.
12. Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- 36 days or more before departure :80% of the package will be refunded
- Cancellation stage : 21 -35 days before departure :50% of the package will be refunded
- Cancellation stage : 20 days or less before departure :No Refund
- Non-refundable Booking, Any Misc Services with Non-refundable Charges cannot be counted /considered under the given policy. No refund will be there whatever the case may be.
Aurora Statistics Northern Lights Sightings 2017-2019
September- 100 %
=Total Average - 93%
Aurora>> a natural electrical phenomenon characterized by the appearance of streamers of reddish or greenish light in the sky, especially near the northern or southern magnetic pole. The effect is caused by the interaction of charged particles from the sun with atoms in the upper atmosphere. In northern and southern regions it is respectively called aurora borealis or Northern Lights and aurora australis or Southern Lights.