2N Bentota, 1N Kandy
2N Bentota, 1N Kandy, Breakfast, Dinner, Turtle Farm & City tour, Pinnawela Cultural Show etc..
Bentota is a resort town on Sri Lankas southwest coast. Its long Bentota Beach stretches north, where it becomes a sandy strip known as Paradise Island, parallel to Bentota Lagoon. Coral-rich dive sites include Canoe Rock. On Bentota River, centuries-old Galapota Temple has a large Buddha statue. Kandy is a large city in central Sri Lanka. It's set on a plateau surrounded by mountains, which are home to tea plantations and biodiverse rainforest. The city's heart is scenic Kandy Lake (Bogambara Lake), which is popular for strolling.
Tentative Tour Plan
Day 01: Colombo - Bentota
On arrive in Sri Lanka, you will be welcomed and assisted by a representative and you will be then transferred to your hotel in Bentota. (Approximately 02 & half hours Drive) Check in the Hotel. Rest of the day at leisure in the hotel. Overnight stay at Hotel, Bentota.
Day 02: Bentota
Breakfast at the Hotel. You can stroll on the pristine Beaches or Water sports in Sri Lanka’s beautiful and most popular beach destinations
Bentota – is the first National Holiday Resort developed by the Ceylon Tourist Board as a planned resort. There are 6 tourist hotels in the beach span of 5 miles with all the facilities a resort would require. Water sports facilities are available as in the Beruwela Resort.
Many interesting sightseeing tours are possible from here, such as the Turtle Hatchery, Mask shop, Boat trips on Bentota River etc. Enjoy evening at a romantic boat Ride on the Madhu Ganga River:
Visit Turtle Farm Rest of the day at leisure in the hotel. Overnight stay at Hotel, Bentota.
Day 03: Bentota – Kandy
After the breakfast transferred to your hotel Kandy.
(Approximately 05 Hours Drive 190 Km)
Kandy – The hill capital is another “World Heritage Sites”. It was the last stronghold of the Sinhalese Kings during the Portuguese, Dutch and British rule and finally lost to the British in 1815 after an agreement. To the Buddhist of Sri Lanka and the World, Kandy is one of the most sacred sites as it is the home of the “Dalada Maligawa” - Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha. The Bathing Pavilion (Ulpenge) is by the Lake and in the Center of the lake is the Island called “Kiri samudraya” (Milk white ocean) used by the kings as the summer house. Today it is the center of Buddhism, Arts, Crafts, Dancing, Music and Culture. Visitors can see these Dance & Music at the daily Cultural Performances held at several places in the city. City Bazaar visit and to the Shopping.
Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic - Ever since 4th Century A.D, when the Buddha’s Tooth was brought to Sri Lanka hidden from sacrilegious hands in an Orissan princess’ hair, the Relic has grown in repute and holiness in Sri Lanka and throughout the Buddhist world. It is considered Sri Lanka’s most prized possession.
Royal Botanical Gardens - Peradeniya - 147 acres in extent; Started in 1374 as a pleasure garden of the Kings of Gampola and Kandy. There are more than 5,000 species of trees, plants and creepers. Some rare and endemic as well as flora from the tropical world are found in the gardens. Spice Garden and Orchid House are popular with tourists.
There are 5 Palm Avenues beautifying the gardens, the earliest and tallest Palm Avenue (Royal Palm Avenue) was planted in 1905 and the Double Coconuts from the Seashells Island, with the largest seed of all plants in the world is one such avenue We will then proceed with a city tour of the historical city. Visit to gem and lapidary museum in Kandy. Evening visit Cultural show in Kandy.
Check in at the hotel. Overnight stay at Hotel, Kandy,
Day 04: Kandy – Colombo Departure:
After your breakfast at the hotel, we will then proceed to Airport , En route visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage.
Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage - Approx 55 miles from Colombo, off the Colombo - Kandy road is Pinnawela, where an orphanage was started in 1975 to house the abandoned and the wounded elephants. The number of elephants has increased to more than 65 now; including Baby Elephants brought from various parts, as well as the 23 baby elephants born as a result of the captive breeding program. The best time to visit is the feeding time from 0930-1000 hrs and 1330-1400 hrs and the bathing time from 1000-1030 hrs and 1400-1430 hrs when all the elephants are taken to the river close by. Thereafter transfer to airport to connect with the departure flight.
Note: Above Quote/ Itinerary is just indicative. Do not consider it as a Final Schedule. Date &Time of Tours can be changed by Local Agent / Tour Operator.
1. Prices are dynamic and subject to change unless the booking is confirmed or vouchered. These are only offers over which Skylink will try its best to initiate the process of confirmation. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer at any given time.
2. All Travelers must have a valid passport & visa or the required documents for visa at the time of booking otherwise company reserves the right to dishonor the booking.
3. Refusal or delay in issuance of Visa by concerned Authorities or any Immigration /On-arrival Clearance is a sole discretion of Foreign Embassies & Visa Issuing Authorities over which Company has no control. Visa Guidelines apply as per Booking Form attached.
4. In case of unavailability in the listed hotels & airlines, arrangement for an alternate accommodation with similar standard & alternate flight option will be made with availability .
5. Minimum Advance amount (part of tour cost) is taken to process the booking and to secure part Tour/Combo Cost & booking & reservation fees/cancellation charges or documentation amount for Visa submission as applicable (varying from case to case) in case tour is cancelled for whatsoever reason.
6. Given is a suggested itinerary and it may change as per the availability at the time of booking.
7. Extra Bed policy: can be a sofa cum bed / mattress / roll away or sharing the twin bed unless specified.
8. Child Policy: Child age 2-9 years. Above 9 years is considered as an adult.
Every Hotel & service provider’s Child Policy is different. Child with bed & breakfast with 2 Adults means he/she will be provided with an Extra Bed which can be Sofa Cum Bed/Mattress/Roll away or sharing the rooms with parents unless specified. Alternately, where its clearly being mentioned Child No Bed/Breakfast(unless specified of any), it states that child will be provided only land arrangement. Breakfast & Bed if applicable, will be payable at the time of check in( as per hotel policy) if not prepaid. Few Hotels do not entertain 2 children in one room due to its size & their own policy.2 rooms will be required if 2 adults & 2 children (below 11yrs) are travelling together. Child with Extra Bed (Below 12 yrs) & Child without Extra Bed (Below 7 yrs).
9. The prices quoted by the Company in its brochures / quotation are in US Dollars or equivalent in foreign currency (local currency of the foreign country / countries being visited). The Company reserves the right to amend these prices in case of currency fluctuation and changes in various rates of exchange and/or fuel cost before departure, and to surcharge accordingly. All such increases in price in any sector of airlines , hotel, transportation etc must be paid for in full. Even seats reserved on the fare might increase due to taxes or airlines policy over which Skylink plays no role & has no control.
1. Return Economy Airfare (Sub to availability)
2. Meet and Assistance at the airport
3. 02 Nights stay in Bentota (5 star Hotel)
4. 01 Night stay in Kandy (4 Star Hotel)
5. Daily Breakfast & Dinner
6. Transport in an A/C car Van with the service of an English - Speaking Chauffeur Guide.
7. Sightseeing as mentioned above without Entrance Charge
8. Value added tax
Value added services on Complementary Basis:
1) Discount Voucher to Shop at ODEL dress boutique in Colombo.
2) Discount Voucher to Shop at MONDY Colombo.
Supplement cost for Entrance Fees
1) Turtle Farm, Kosgoda (Bentota) INR 400 per person
2) Cultural Dance Show INR 600 per person
3) Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage INR 700 per person
4) Kandy Temple INR 700 per person
5) Peradeniya Garden INR 1100 per person
6) Boat (max 06 pax per boat) INR 1900 per boat
1. International or Domestic or any additional taxes
2. GST Extra on Total Billing
3. Visa on arrival / Visa Charges
4. Visa Fees payable to Concerned Authorities
5. Any charges related to Peak Season /festival/Holiday period/ Chinese New Year/ New Year Eve /Christmas Eve/Early Check in /Late Check Out/Mandatory Meals/Upgradations of rooms
6. Entrance Fee /Monument fees/ Optional tour
7. Insurance , Baggage Claim & any related charges.
8. Hotel Security Deposit at the Check In/Resort Fees /City Taxes/Tourism Fees are always payable directly at Check In at Hotel.
9. Luggage truck ,Porterage Charges,Tips, Laundry , Extra Meals , all beverages etc
10. Intercity surface transfers unless specified.
11. Breakfast missed due to flight timing.
12. In case Itinerary is blocked with Limited Kms & Hours ( especially applicable for Indian Itineraries ) :Any extra kms/Extra Hours charges payable extra to Driver /DMC directly by the customer in case the Travelling goes beyond the blocked kilometers limit/Fixed Tour plan/Point to Point ( transportation rates are charged from garage to garage i.e. the starting & ending point of the vehicle) 13. Anything not mentioned under inclusions.
14. ROE Fluctuation will be borne by the traveller.
15. Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
36 days or more before departure :80% of the package will be refunded
- Cancellation stage : 21 -35 days before departure :50% of the package will be refunded
- Cancellation stage : 20 days or less before departure :No Refund
(*) Non-refundable Booking, Any Misc Services with Non-refundable Charges cannot be counted /considered under the given policy. No refund will be there whatever the case may be.
In practical terms, this means that the best time to visit the west and south coasts and hill country is from December to March, while the best weather on the east coast is from April/May to September. Sri Lanka's position close to the Equator means that temperatures remain fairly constant year-round.