2N Athens, 1N Olympia, 1N Patras, 2N Rome, 1N Florence, 1N Venice
8 Nights Stay in Greece & Italy with Tours & Transfers, Admission Tickets & Travel Insurance.
Greece is a country in southeastern Europe consisting of 2 mainland peninsulas and thousands of islands throughout the Aegean and Ionian seas. It's often called the birthplace of Western civilization, and Athens, its capital, retains ancient landmarks including the 5th-century-B.C.E. Italy, commanding a long Mediterranean coastline, has left a powerful mark on Western culture and cuisine. Its capital, Rome, is home to the Vatican as well as landmark art and ancient ruins. Other major cities include Florence, with Renaissance treasures such as Michelangelos "David" and its leather and paper artisans; Venice, the sinking city of canals.
Day 1:- Welcome to Athens!:- Transfer from airport to hotel Our guide will contact you at lunchtime. 16:30 hrs In the afternoon, we offer a sightseeing tour of the city with a local guide. We visit the Presidential Palace, the Panathenaic Stadium where the first modern Olympic Games were held, the National Library, the bustling squares in the centre, the new neighbourhoods that have sprung up for the 2004 Olympics... (Note: The sightseeing visit may be made on Thursday in the morning). At the end of the afternoon, we provide a transfer to the Plaka district, an area that is highly atmospheric and abounds with small restaurants. We recommend having dinner while watching a Greek folklore show.) Meals: No Meals
DAY 2:- Athens:- Free day. You can enjoy the charm of this city. Free time to explore and discover memorable places. Meals: Breakfast
DAY 3:- Athens-Corinth-Epidaurus-Nafplio-Olympia.- Total distance covered: 350 km. Scenery: Very beautiful countryside in the Epidaurus area with the sea in the background. Mountains of the Peloponnese interior. 08:00 hrs - Athens -Departure. The timings for this stage of the journey may change in October to take advantage of the sunlight. 09:45 hrs – Corinth Canal - Brief stop to take photos of this age-old structure. We follow the coast. Spectacular landscapes take us into Epidaurus. 10:45 hrs - Epidaurus.- We visit this superb Greco-Roman theatre, which is set in exquisite surroundings (admission to the site is not included). 12:00 hrs - Epidaurus- Departure. 13:00 hrs - Nafplio –Arrival- City dedicated to fishing. Historic centre with whitewashed streets and views over the sea. Its castle dominates the surroundings. Time to explore and have lunch. 16:00 hrs - Nafplio –Departure. 19:45 hrs - Olympia – Arrival, evening meal and accommodation.Meals: Breakfast
DAY 4:- Olympia-Patras. Board ship. -Total distance covered: 110km . Note: This evening involves an overnight journey. We recommend that you pack a small travel bag containing the items that you will need for the crossing. The suitcases will remain in the luggage compartment of the coach. Please have your passport to hand as it is often requested for embarkation. -Olympia- With a local guide, we include a visit to the archaeological site of ancient Olympia. The guide will tell us about the most ancient sanctuary of Zeus that was a cradle of the Olympic Games. Together with the guide, we visit the archaeological compound (visit with guide included; admission to the sites visited is not included), and you will be able to look round the museum by yourself. Free time after wards.13:00 hrs -Olympia –Departure.14:45 hrs - Patras –Arrival-. The third largest city in Greece. Lively, modern and commercialised. Time to stroll around and have lunch.- Board the ferry to Italy (embarkation around 17:00 hrs). The ferry used is equipped with all facilities (bars, restaurants, shops, etc.). Remember to bring a travel bag with you containing all your essential items for the night on board. Breakfast will not be included on the crossing. Accommodation is in interior cabins with a private bathroom. NOTE: The ferry that makes the Patras-Brindisi crossing is sometimes cancelled due to insufficient sales, strikes or other circumstances, and Europamundo will only receive notification of this situation a few days before the date of the journey. In such cases, we embark at the port of Igoumenitsa, thereby upholding the entire programme of visits (departure from Patras 17.00 hrs, arrival at
Igoumenitsa at 20.30 hrs, with time to walk around and have dinner, then the boat leaves Igoumenitsa at 24.00 hrs and arrives in Brindisi at 08.30 hrs). In some exceptional instances, all the ports in Greece may be closed due to strike action or circumstances relating to the shipping companies, and in this case, the journey to Italy will be made by plane from Athens (this would include an excursion on the Sunday to Napoli and Pompeii). Meals: Breakfast
DAY 5:- Brindisi-Trani-Naples-Rome.-Total distance covered: 530 km. Early morning arrival in Brindisi or Bari. 08:30 hrs- (approximately, depending on the disembarkation time) Brindisi (or Bari)– Departure. We are now in the south of Italy, in the region of Puglia. 10:00 hrs -Trani –Arrival-. Small, picturesque city on the seashore, with its fishing port, its ancient cathedral and streets that teem with life. Time to wander round. 12.00 hrs - Trani –Departure-. We cross the south of Italy through the Apennines. Stop en route to have lunch. 15:30 hrs - Naples –Arrival. Time for a coffee and a walk round the capital of southern Italy. 17:30 hrs - Naples –Departure. We travel back to Rome. 20:15 hrs – Rome –Arrival.
DAY 6:- Rome:- Guided tour of the Vatican City and admission to the Coliseum. 08:00 h. The morning starts with an interesting tour of the “Eternal City”, in which we will visit the Caracalla Baths, Venice Square, Circo Massimo, the Capitoline Hill and St. John Lateran. Admission to the Coliseum included. This building, which dates from the first century, was built for the purpose of organising entertainment for the Romans, such as gladiator combats. We have the chance to learn about the ancient society of the Roman Empire. We visit the Vatican City and St. Peter’s Basilica. 18:30 h. Transfer to Via Cavour, which has many local restaurants and others that serve international cuisine, including Indian and Chinese. Return to hotel. Meals: Breakfast
DAY 7:- Rome- Florence Total distance: 320km. Scenery: Apennine Mountains and Tuscan vineyards. Note: We recommend you wear comfortable shoes as the tour of Florence involves walking. 07:30h Rome – Departure, passing through the Tiber Valley. 11.45h Florence – Our first contact with the Renaissance city is Piazzale Michelangelo, a viewpoint with marvellous views of the city. Don’t forget to take your camera! Walking tour with local guide, lasting two and a half hours. We visit the Duomo, Piazza della Signoria, Ponte Vechio, Straw Market, Piazza Republica, Palacio Vecchio. Free afternoon to explore and visit the city’s historical markets and museums. The city has many restaurants that offer a wide variety of local and international food, where you can dine. Meals: Breakfast
DAY 8:- Florence- Venice Total distance: 295km. Scenery: we cross the Apennines and the Po Valley. 07:30h Florencia – Departure, passing through mountain scenery. 11:30h Venice – Arrival at Tronchetto Gate where we take the boat and cross the Grand Canal to the Island of Venice. Comprehensive tour with a local guide to St. Mark’s Square and the interior of St, Mark’s Basilica (admission included). Visit to the Murano Glass Factory where we will see a demonstration of how this ancient glass is made. Free afternoon. 19:00h Return to firm land and transfer to hotel. Dinner in the Mestre district, which has many local and international restaurants. Meals: Breakfast
DAY 9:- Venice: - Breakfast at hotel & make your own way to Airport to take flight to your onwards journey. Meals: Breakfast
END OF OUR SERVICES.
1. Please check with your guide regarding any additional nights you have booked and also vis-à-vis the departure time for your shuttle to the airport, if you have reserved this service.
2. Above Itinerary is just indicative. Do not consider it as a Final Schedule. Date &Time of Tours can be changed by Local Agent / Tour Operator.
• Above Package is Valid for Indian Market.
• All Travellers must have valid passport & visa or the required documents for visa at the time of booking. STPL (Skylink Travel Pvt. Ltd) reserves the right dishonor the booking. Delay in getting Visa or submitting the required documents is not STPL liability or responsibility.
• Advance amount (part of tour cost) is taken to process the booking and to secure part cancellation charges applicable in case of tour is cancelled for whatsoever reason.
• Any incorrect names given by client are not our liability. It’s always advised to send us the copy of ID proofs. Valid ID proof should be carried in all Times during travelling.
• These are only offers over which STPL will try its best to initiate the process of confirmation. This is not a booking or confirmation.
• Your Tickets/ Misc. /Briefing will be or can be sent 24 hrs-2 days prior the departure. Or Originals of some valid document can also be received after the arrival at the destination e.g. Ferry , Entrance, Bus tickets etc.
• We reserve the right to withdraw the offer at any given time.
• 2 nights stay in Athens
• 1 night stay in Olympia
• 1 night stay in on Board (ship)
• 2 nights stay in Rome
• 1 night stay in Florence
• 1 night stay in Venice
• Meet & Greet assistance
• Travel by bus with English speaking guide
• Basic travel insurance
• Daily buffet breakfast.
• Includes arrival transfer
• City tour in Athens
• City tour in Olympia
• City tour in Rome
• City tour in Florence
• Boat: Board the vaporetto along the canals in Venice
• Evening transfer: Barrio de plaka in Athens, To Via Cavour area in Rome
• Ticket admission: Roman Coliseum in Rome, Basílica of St. Marcos; Murano Glass factory in Venice
• Ferry: overnight Patras – Brindisi
• 1 Dinner Included in: OLYMPIA
• Visa Charges
• Anything not mentioned under inclusions
• 4.35% GST wef 1 April 2016 & 4.50% wef 1 June 2016( or as per actuals levied Govt of India)
• Any increase in ROE/Forex rates/Taxes, Fees or any hike over which Skylink has no control.
• Tips, Laundry , extra meals etc not mentioned under inclusions.
• Any Surcharges/ Supplement /Mandatory charges if applicable during the stay shall be borne by client during any event/exhibition/holiday/ weekend or weekday as per Hotel policy /Govt rules of the particular destinations.
• Within 7 Days of travelling, 100% is non-refundable & non-cancellable.
• Cancellation policy may vary case to case depending on period of booking or travelling. We reserve the right to supersede the above policy.
• Cancellation of guaranteed departure may arise (without compensation or liability on behalf of Europamundo/SkyLink) in cases of exceptional unforeseen circumstances , disasters, epidemics, wars , conflicts etc etc that generate a very significant drop in the expected sales.
A moderate degree of physical health & physical ability is required to participate in our tours. In the event of any passenger with physical or mental needs , or in cases where a passenger is over 75 years is travelling alone , we must be informed in writing at the time of booking, which will be analysed on a case to case basis.