2N Palermo, 1N Agrigento, 4N Catania, 1N Palermo
2+1N Palermo,1NAgrigento,4NCatania,B'fast,8Dinners,1Lunch,AC shared transfers,Tours
Sicily, the largest Italian island, is just off the "toe" of Italy's "boot." Sicily is famous, among other things, for its food and Palermo, its biggest city, regularly features as one of the street food capitals of the world. It may be small, but Sicily is perfectly formed. Medieval villages, Roman ruins and sprawling countryside make up the islands interiors, while vineyards, olive groves and lemon trees march down to the coastline. Then theres Mount Etna to think about. Sicilys volcano is the tallest in Europe and, at 10,890 feet, it towers over the cities below.
SICILIAN SECRETS: PALERMO – PALERMO 9 DAYS – 8 NIGHTS – MULTILINGUAL TOUR
Palermo-Palermo is Sicily’s capital, a historic port city with streets packed with palaces, churches and other old buildings. The mixed architectural styles reflect the civilizations that conquered, lived in and then left Palermo. Arabs, Normans, Byzantines, French and Spanish have all occupied Palermo at one time. With beaches, museums, street markets and a crypt full of mummies, you’ll find much to excite and fascinate.
Agrigento-Agrigento is a hilltop city on Sicily's southwest shore. It's known for the ruins of the ancient city of Akragas in the Valley of the Temples, a vast archaeological site with well-preserved Greek temples. Agrigento, one of the most beautiful cities in Sicily, rises on a plain sheer above the sea. The Valley of the Temples is situated near the sea and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, as well as an important archaeological trace from ancient Greek civilization.
Catania-Catania is an ancient port city on Sicily's east coast. It sits at the foot of Mt. Etna, an active volcano with trails leading up to the summit. The city is noted for its history, culture, architecture and gastronomy.
Tentative Tour Plan:-
DAY 1 – TUESDAY PALERMO
Meeting with the tour leader at the hotel in Palermo in the late afternoon (possibility of private transfer as an optional service). Dinner and overnight stay. Meals: Dinner
DAY 2 – WEDNESDAY MONREALE – PALERMO
Breakfast in the hotel and departure to visit Monreale, with its impressive Arab-Norman Cathedral and stunning Cloister. Return to Palermo. This city preserves monuments of the Arab-Norman period, including the beautiful Cathedral, the fascinating Byzantine Church of the Martorana and the Palatine Chapel, a higher example from the historical-artistic point of view of the coexistence between cultures and religions. Along the visit stop for a food surprise in a local bakery. Dinner and overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
DAY 3 – THURSDAY PALERMO – MARSALA – SALINE – AGRIGENTO
Breakfast in the hotel and departure for Marsala, that preserves a multitude of signs of the Phoenician, Arab and Norman dominations. Proceed along the famous Via del Sale to admire the islands of Stagnone and the salt marshes. The lagoon and the islands of Stagnone constitute a large nature reserve of enormous environmental value. Even today the salt marshes represent one of the oldest salt mining industries in the world. Lunch in a renowned wine cellar with a tasting of local wines and products. Departure for Agrigento and visit of the famous Valley of the Temples, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Giunone, Concordia and Ercole temples can be admired. In the evening, check-in at the hotel, dinner and an overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
DAY 4 – FRIDAY AGRIGENTO – PIAZZA ARMERINA – RAGUSA IBLA – CATANIA
Breakfast in the hotel. Departure for Piazza Armerina, and visit to the stunning Villa Romana del Casale, a late-Imperial building and UNESCO World Heritage Site. In the afternoon proceed to Ragusa Ibla, with its beautiful churches and the Ibleo garden. At the end of the tour, stop to taste some typical local products. Transfer to the hotel in Catania, dinner and overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
DAY 5 – SATURDAY CATANIA
Breakfast in the hotel and day at leisure to enjoy Catania city centre. Dinner and overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
DAY 6 – SUNDAY CATANIA – SIRACUSA – NOTO – CATANIA
Breakfast in the hotel and departure for Syracuse to visit the largest and most powerful Greek colony in Sicily: the Archaeological Park of Neapolis. Visit of the old town centre of Ortigia, with its stunning Piazza Duomo and Cathedral. Proceed to Noto, the capital of Sicilian baroque also called the "stone garden", full of beautiful buildings and declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. A walk through the streets of the centre to admire the skill and ingenious creativity of local craftsmen. Noto's baroque architecture is a plethora of elegant curves, floral weaves, perspective views, palaces and gardens, capitals and cherubs that adorn the facades of churches and monasteries. Return to Catania, dinner and overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
DAY 7 – MONDAY CATANIA – ETNA – TAORMINA – CATANIA
Breakfast in the hotel, departure to discover Etna, the tallest active volcano in Europe (3.350 m), and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Etna Park, covering 59.000 hectares, is home to extremely varied and rich flora, along with many protected species. The first glimpses of captivating landscapes can be seen when approaching Rifugio Sapienza. From there, proceed to Crateri Silvestri, volcanic cones dating to 1888, now inactive but surrounded by more recent lava flows. The view that can be enjoyed through the multitude of volcanic cones and craters extends to the Aeolian Islands and Calabria, making it a truly unique sight to behold. Afterwards, visit of a beekeeping farm, to see the honey extraction laboratory and taste of home-made honey and typical products of the area. Proceed to Taormina, famous for its natural landscape, marine beauties, historical monuments and an unforgettable view of the sea and Etna. Visit of the fascinating Greco-Roman theatre, which oers a breathtaking view of the Naxos Bay. The day will end with a beautiful panorama of the stunning Riviera dei Ciclopi. Return to the hotel in Catania. Dinner and overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
DAY 8 – TUESDAY CATANIA – CEFALU– PALERMO
Breakfast in the hotel, followed by a visit to the old town centre of Catania and its baroque architecture, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enjoy a walk in the centre, passing through the old ‘pescheria’ (old fish market) to reach the scenic Piazza del Duomo with its stunning Cathedral and the lava stone Elephant (symbol of the city). Stop in a delicious coee bar to taste the local granita with brioche. In the early afternoon, proceed to Cefalu, a beautiful medieval maritime village with its Norman Cathedral. Time at leisure to visit the famous Mandralisca Museum and transfer back to Palermo. Check-in at the hotel, dinner and overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
DAY 9 – WEDNESDAY PALERMO
Breakfast in the hotel and check-out (possibility of private transfer as an optional service). Meals: Breakfast
End of services.
Note: Above Quote/ Itinerary is just indicative. Do not consider it as a Final Schedule. Date &Time of Tours can be changed by Local Agent / Tour Operator.
1. Prices are dynamic and subject to change unless the booking is confirmed or vouchered. These are only offers over which Skylink will try its best to initiate the process of confirmation. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer at any given time.
2. All Travellers must have a valid passport & visa or the required documents for visa at the time of booking otherwise company reserves the right to dishonor the booking.
3. Refusal or delay in issuance of Visa by concerned Authorities or any Immigration /On-arrival Clearance is a sole discretion of Foreign Embassies & Visa Issuing Authorities over which our Company has no control. Visa Guidelines apply as per Booking Form attached.
4. In case of unavailability in the listed hotels & airlines, arrangement for an alternate accommodation with similar standard & alternate flight option will be made with availability.
5. Minimum Advance amount (part of tour cost) is taken to process the booking and to secure part Tour/Combo Cost & booking & reservation fees/cancellation charges or documentation amount for Visa submission as applicable (varying from case to case) in case tour is cancelled for whatsoever reason.
6. Given is a suggested itinerary and it may change as per the availability at the time of booking.
7. Extra Bed policy: can be a sofa cum bed / mattress / roll away or sharing the twin bed unless specified.
8. Child Policy: Every Hotel & service provider’s Child Policy is different. Child with bed & breakfast with 2 Adults means he/she will be provided with an Extra Bed which can be Sofa Cum Bed/Mattress/Roll away or sharing the rooms with parents unless specified. Alternately, where its clearly being mentioned Child No Bed/Breakfast(unless specified of any), it states that child will be provided only land arrangement. Breakfast & Bed if applicable, will be payable at the time of check in( as per hotel policy) if not prepaid. Few Hotels do not entertain 2 children in one room due to its size & their own policy.2 rooms will be required if 2 adults & 2 children (below 11yrs) are travelling together.
9. Hill stations Bookings within India :
-Hotels in hill stations may not have air conditioning due to weather conditions of the location or heaters .
-A/c in Vehicles will be operational only in plain areas.
10. The prices quoted by the Company in its brochures / quotation are in INR/US Dollars or equivalent in foreign currency (local currency of the foreign country / countries being visited). The Company reserves the right to amend these prices in case of currency fluctuation and changes in various rates of exchange and/or fuel cost before departure, and to surcharge accordingly. All such increases in price in any sector of airlines , hotel, transportation etc must be paid for in full. Even seats reserved on the fare might increase due to taxes or airlines policy over which Skylink plays no role & has no control.
11. Standard hotel check-in time for domestic and international hotels is from 1400 hours to 1600 hours and check-out time is 1000 hours to 1200 hours. Complimentary early check-in or late check-out will be subject to availability at the discretion of the hotel.
12. Late payment interest @24% per annum shall be charged on all outstanding bills after due date.
13. Booking Terms and Conditions mentioned in Skylink Booking Form immediately applies with effect from the day of acceptance received on the email or wats app weather it is duly signed or not before making the payment.
1. 2+1 nights in hotel in Palermo
2. 1 night in hotel in Agrigento
3. 4 nights in hotel in Catania
4. 8 American buet breakfast
5. 8 dinners in the hotel or a local restaurant (drinks not included)
6. 1 lunch & wine tasting at a winery in the Marsala area
7. 4 tastings of local products: Palermo (2nd day): a gastronomic surprise with a tasting of local street food; Ragusa (4th day): a tasting of typical local products; Etna (7th day): a visit to a honey producer and a tasting of local products of the Etna area; Catania (8th day): Sicilian granita with brioche
8. Multilingual tour leader for the entire itinerary
9. Local guides or audio guides when necessary
10. Visit of Monreale, Palermo, Agrigento, Piazza Armerina, Ragusa, Siracusa, Noto, Etna, Catania old town centre, Cefalu (No Entrance ticket included)
Add on – To be paid on site or pre-paid purchasing the privilege package:-
-Euro 423/INR 33,000 p.p. supplement per person in double or twin room
-Euro 602/INR 47,000 p.p. supplement per person in single room/double room for single use
Includes: Superior / Deluxe Room – Private in / out transfers – Tourist tax
All tickets for museums as per itinerary (Monreale Cathedral – Monreale Cloister – Palermo Palatine Chapel – Palermo Church of the Martorana – Agrigento Valley of Temples – Piazza Armerina Villa Romana – Siracusa Archeological Park – Siracusa Cathedral – Noto Palazzo Nicolaci – Taormina Greek Theatre)
1. GST Included
2. Visa on arrival or Visa Fees payable to Concerned Authorities
3. Any charges related to Peak Season /festival/Holiday period/ Chinese New Year/ /Early Check in /Late Check Out/ Mandatory Meals/Upgradations of rooms
4. Entrance Fee /Monument fees
5. Insurance , Baggage Claim & any related charges.
6. Hotel Security Deposit at the Check In & Resort Fees /City Taxes/Tourism Fees are always payable directly at Check in.
7. Luggage truck ,Porterage Charges, Tips, Laundry , Extra Meals , all beverages etc
8. Intercity surface transfers/ Airfare/Train Fare unless specified.
9. Breakfast missed due to flight timing.
10. In case Itinerary is blocked with Limited Kms & Hours (especially applicable for Indian Itineraries) :Any extra kms/Extra Hours charges payable extra to Driver /DMC directly by the customer in case the Travelling goes beyond the blocked kilometers limit/ Fixed Tour plan/Point to Point ( transportation rates are charged from garage to garage i.e. the starting & ending point of the vehicle) .
11. Anything not mentioned under inclusions & any in Taxes, ROE, Fees or any hike over which Skylink has no control.
12. Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- 36 days or more before departure :80% of the package will be refunded
- Cancellation stage : 21 -35 days before departure :50% of the package will be refunded
- Cancellation stage : 20 days or less before departure :No Refund
- Non-refundable Booking, Any Misc Services with Non-refundable Charges cannot be counted /considered under the given policy. No refund will be there whatever the case may be.
Best to visit Sicily:-
When to Go in Sicily. April to early June and late September to October are the best times to visit, as the temperatures are not as sweltering as they are in the summer. However, April to June are the months when school buses packed with children visit the most important sites. Easter is considered high season.
***Add on Visa Charges ( as on 24th Jan 2020)
Schengen Visa Charges (Sub to Change) @ INR 9500 p.p.