2N Palermo, 1N Marsala, 1N Agrigento, 2N Ragusa, 1N Syracuse, 2N Taormina
2N Palermo, 1N Marsala Area, 1N Agrigento, 2N Ragusa, 1N Syracuse, 2N Taormina Riviera
Welcome to Palermo! Discover the capital of Sicily with a Local Guide Tour & Visit the 12th-century Norman Cathedral, PiazzaBellini, Capo Market, the baroque Church of Immacolata, Hilltop town of Erice, BOAT RIDE to the island of Motya, Museum. Next you arrive to Agrigento. Here, your Local Guide will take you for a spectacular walk through the magnificent Valley of the Temples. Drive to Piazza Armerina for your guided visit of the Villa Romana Del Casale, a Unesco world Heritage Site. Before arriving in Ragusa, stop in Caltagirone and see the mosaic Staircase of Santa Maria Del Monte. Visit other Cities-Syracuse,Catina, Taormina Riviera.
WHY TRAVEL WITH GLOBUS?
Globus has created special experiences that will bring you behind the scenes, spotlight the unique stories of your journey, and bring to life the local flavor of your destination.
- Perfectly Planned:
When we envision the perfect vacation, we see great hotels, amazing food, incredible sightseeing, and priceless memories! What we don't picture is the hassle of planning an amazing vacation on your own. We handle the details so you can focus on the perfectly planned, stress-free getaway.
- Included (More inclusion more experiences): Everyone loves extras – until they're charged extra. So we include more visits, toss in more experiences, and include more sightseeing, all in the price of the vacation. So the only surprises you'll encounter are the ones we have thoughtfully planned for you.
- Freedom (Time to explore on your own): Many travel operators tend to overschedule, instilling the need for a vacation after your vacation. We weave in just the right amount of free time for individual exploration, quiet reflection, or a book and a latte at a sidewalk cafe.
- Hotels (In the heart of your destination): A hotel can have the crispest sheets, the fluffiest towels, and the tastiest pillow mints, but if it's not near the sights, what good is it? Not much. Because what you love just as much as the sights is waking up right next to them.
- No. 1 Expert (Top Tour Directors & Guides): Our experts bring our destinations to life with firsthand, in-depth knowledge of their cities, towns, and neighborhoods. They speak the language. They know the history. They know where to find the legendary pastries.
- VIP (Skip all the Lines): We don't just travel, we travel right. We work hard behind the scenes to get you front and center at the world's greatest sights. We minimize lines, minimize wait times, and maximize fun.
- GLOBUS CARES: When you travel with Globus, you also give back. Globus is committed to sustainable travel and minimizing its impact on the environment and to reducing its dependence on non-renewable resources. In this endeavor, we have implemented policies to support this sustainable travel mission and are working carefully to enhance our products with this mission and our values combined. Globus maintains a policy of "Leave Only Footprints and Take Only Photos."
Tentative Tour Plan:-
DAY 1 ARRIVE IN PALERMO, ITALY. (Sat.)
Welcome to Palermo! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)
DAY 2 PALERMO. (Sun.)
Discover the capital of Sicily with a Local Guide and enjoy a panoramic view of the Conca d'Oro. Visit the 12th-century NORMAN CATHEDRAL in Monreale, famous for its 50,000 square feet of precious byzantine mosaics. Back in Palermo, see the major sites like the ornate Piazza Bellini, Capo Market, the baroque Church of Immacolata, and visit the magnificent CATHEDRAL. A lunch with Sicilian specialties like panelled (chickpea fritters), arancini (stuffed rice balls), and cannoli (fried pastry rolls with sweet ricotta cheese) awaits. (B,L)
DAY 3 PALERMO–ERICE–MOTYA–MARSALA AREA. (Mon.)
Join your Tour Director for an orientation of the hilltop town of Erice, ending at the well-known Pasticceria Maria Grammatico to savor the traditional almond biscuits and Marsala wine. Next, visit a traditional SALT MILL. Then, the highlight of the day: a relaxing BOAT RIDE to the island of Motya for a perfect view of the lagoon and visit to the MUSEUM. Later, dinner with local specialties and couscous will be served. (B,D)
DAY 4 MARSALA AREA–SCIACCA–AGRIGENTO. (Tue.)
In Sciacca, take pictures from the panoramic viewpoint before continuing to Agrigento. Here, your Local Guide will take you for a spectacular walk through the magnificent VALLEY OF THE TEMPLES. Even travelers who have visited Athens and Delphi are awed by the gigantic yet graceful Greek structures that miraculously survived 24 centuries of tormented history. (B,D)
DAY 5 AGRIGENTO–PIAZZA ARMERINA–CALTAGIRONE–RAGUSA. (Wed.)
Drive to Piazza Armerina for your guided visit of the VILLA ROMANA DEL CASALE, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Admire the largest and most complex collection of Roman mosaics in the world, including the famous “Bikini Girls,” discovered in 1960. Before arriving in Ragusa, stop in Caltagirone and see the mosaic STAIRCASE OF SANTA MARIA DEL
MONTE, covered with different tiles in a beautiful pattern. (B,D)
DAY 6 RAGUSA. EXCURSION TO MODICA. (Thu.)
Guided sightseeing features a walk through Ragusa's oldest district, the IBLA, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with its beautiful palaces and churches. Walk through the Giardini Iblei, the pleasant public gardens laid out in the 19th century and then, visit the iconic baroque ST. GEORGE CATHEDRAL. Time on your own to further explore or maybe relax at an outdoor cafe! In the late afternoon, travel to nearby Modica with its steeply stacked medieval center and spectacular baroque churches. Wander along Corso Umberto I and stop at the famous Dolceria Bonajuto, Sicily's oldest chocolate factory, for a TASTING. End the day with a dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)
DAY 7 RAGUSA–NOTO–SYRACUSE. (Fri.)
The baroque town of Noto is renowned for its beautiful historic center that was almost entirely rebuilt in the early 18th century following the 1693 earthquake. Meet your Local Guide for a walk along Corso Vittorio Emanuele to admire the magnificent architecture, and visit SAN NICOLO CATHEDRAL. Continue to Syracuse, birthplace of the mathematician Archimedes. Enter the ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE for a guided visit of the 5th century BC sparkling-white Greek Theater, the Garden of Paradise, the Ear of Dionysus, the Altar of Hieron II, the Roman Amphitheater, and the Cordmakers’ Cave. Tonight, you may wish to join an optional excursion. (B)
DAY 8 SYRACUSE–CATANIA–SAVOCA–TAORMINA RIVIERA. (Sat.)
In Catania, see St. Agata Cathedral and spend some time on Piazza del Duomo and Via Etnea. In the village of Savoca, see the Church of Santa Lucia, made famous as a location for Michael Corleone's wedding in the movie The Godfather. Enjoy a granita and brioche at Bar Vitelli. Later, arrive at your hotel on the Taormina Riviera. (B)
DAY 9 TAORMINA RIVIERA. (Sun.)
In the morning, an exciting optional excursion is available to Mount Etna, the largest active volcano in Europe. Later, in hilltop Taormina, visit the ancient GREEK THEATER, dating back to the 3rd century BC. This evening, a farewell dinner will be served at restaurant Villa Antonio, an excellent way to say arrivederci Sicilia! (B,D)
DAY 10 TAORMINA RIVIERA. (Mon.)
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. The nearest airport is Catania. (B)
Note: Above Itinerary is just indicative. Do not consider it as a Final Schedule. Date & Time of Tours can be changed by Local Agent / Tour Operator.
1. Prices are dynamic and subject to change unless the booking is confirmed or vouchered. These are only offers over which Skylink will try its best to initiate the process of confirmation. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer at any given time.
2. All Travellers must have a valid passport & visa or the required documents for visa at the time of booking otherwise company reserves the right to dishonor the booking.
3. Refusal or delay in issuance of Visa by concerned Authorities or any Immigration /On-arrival Clearance is a sole discretion of Foreign Embassies & Visa Issuing Authorities over which our Company has no control. Visa Guidelines apply as per Booking Form attached.
4. In case of unavailability in the listed hotels & airlines, arrangement for an alternate accommodation with similar standard & alternate flight option will be made with availability.
5. Minimum Advance amount (part of tour cost) is taken to process the booking and to secure part Tour/Combo Cost & booking & reservation fees/cancellation charges or documentation amount for Visa submission as applicable (varying from case to case) in case tour is cancelled for whatsoever reason.
6. Given is a suggested itinerary and it may change as per the availability at the time of booking.
7. Extra Bed policy: can be a sofa cum bed / mattress / roll away or sharing the twin bed unless specified.
8. Child Policy: Every Hotel & service provider’s Child Policy is different. Child with bed & breakfast with 2 Adults means he/she will be provided with an Extra Bed which can be Sofa Cum Bed/Mattress/Roll away or sharing the rooms with parents unless specified. Alternately, where its clearly being mentioned Child No Bed/Breakfast(unless specified of any), it states that child will be provided only land arrangement. Breakfast & Bed if applicable, will be payable at the time of check in( as per hotel policy) if not prepaid. Few Hotels do not entertain 2 children in one room due to its size & their own policy.2 rooms will be required if 2 adults & 2 children (below 11yrs) are travelling together.
9. The prices quoted by the Company in its brochures / quotation are in US Dollars or equivalent in foreign currency (local currency of the foreign country / countries being visited). The Company reserves the right to amend these prices in case of currency fluctuation and changes in various rates of exchange and/or fuel cost before departure, and to surcharge accordingly. All such increases in price in any sector of airlines , hotel, transportation etc must be paid for in full. Even seats reserved on the fare might increase due to taxes or airlines policy over which Skylink plays no role & has no control.
10. Standard hotel check-in time for domestic and international hotels is from 1400 hours to 1600 hours and check-out time is 1000 hours to 1200 hours. Complimentary early check-in or late check-out will be subject to availability at the discretion of the hotel.
1. 2 Nights stay in Palermo with Breakfast
2. 1 Night stay in Marsala Area with Breakfast
3. 1 Night stay in Agrigento with Breakfast
4. 2 Nights stay in Ragusa with Breakfast
5. 1 Night stay in Syracuse with Breakfast
6. 2 Nights stay in Taormina Riviera with Breakfast
7. PALERMO Welcome dinner; guided sightseeing, visit the Norman cathedral in Monreale and the cathedral in Palermo; lunch of Sicilian specialties
8. ERICE Visit the hilltop town and try the famous almond biscuits and Marsala wine
9. MOTYA Boat cruise; visit the museum
10. MARSALA AREA Visit a salt mill; couscous dinner with local specialties
11. SCIACCA Take pictures from the panoramic viewpoint
12. AGRIGENTO Guided walking tour of the Valley of Temples
13. PIAZZA ARMERINA Guided visit of the Villa Romana del Casale
14. CALTAGIRONE See the famous Staircase of Santa Maria del Monte
15. RAGUSA Guided walking tour of the Ibla district, visit St. George Cathedral
16. MODICA Chocolate tasting at the famous Dolceria Bonajuto; dinner at a local restaurant
17. NOTO Guided walking tour, visit San Nicolo Cathedral
18. SYRACUSE Guided visit of the archaeological site
19. CATANIA See St. Agata Cathedral, Piazza Duomo, and Via Etnea
20. SAVOCA See the Church of Santa Lucia; taste granita and brioche at Bar Vitelli
21. TAORMINA Orientation, visit the Greek theater; farewell dinner at a local restaurant
22. 1 lunch (L) in Palermo; 6 three course dinners (D), including dinners at local restaurants in the Marsala area, Modica, and Taormina
23. TRANSPORTATION Motorcoach; boat ride
24. HEADSETS Throughout the tour
25. FREE WI-FI available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies
1. GST Extra on Total Billing unless specified
2. Visa on arrival or Visa Fees payable to Concerned Authorities
3. Any charges related to Peak Season /festival/Holiday period/ Chinese New Year/ /Early Check in /Late Check Out/Mandatory Meals/Upgradations of rooms
4. Entrance Fee /Monument fees
5. Insurance , Baggage Claim & any related charges.
6. Hotel Security Deposit at the Check In & Resort Fees /City Taxes/Tourism Fees are always payable directly at Check in.
7. Luggage truck ,Porterage Charges, Tips, Laundry , Extra Meals , all beverages etc
8. Intercity surface transfers/ Airfare/Train Fare unless specified.
9. Breakfast missed due to flight timing.
10. In case Itinerary is blocked with Limited Kms & Hours (especially applicable for Indian Itineraries) :Any extra kms/Extra Hours charges payable extra to Driver /DMC directly by the customer in case the Travelling goes beyond the blocked kilometers limit/Fixed Tour plan/Point to Point ( transportation rates are charged from garage to garage i.e. the starting & ending point of the vehicle) .
11. Anything not mentioned under inclusions & any in Taxes, ROE, Fees or any hike over which Skylink has no control.
12. Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
13. Gratuities per person for Tour Director and Driver USD 96
- 36 days or more before departure :80% of the package will be refunded
- Cancellation stage : 21 -35 days before departure :50% of the package will be refunded
- Cancellation stage : 20 days or less before departure :No Refund
- Non-refundable Booking, Any Misc Services with Non-refundable Charges cannot be counted /considered under the given policy. No refund will be there whatever the case may be.
Best time to Visit Sicily:-
The best time to visit Sicily is from May to June or September to October. These late spring and early fall months afford hospitable temperatures in the 70s, which are ideal for temple gazing, beach lazing or hiking. As such, these are the most popular times to visit, as well as the most expensive.