1N Thimphu, 1N Punakha Wangdi, 2N Paro
1N Thimphu-1N Punakha or Wangdue-2N Paro, B'fast & Dinner, Transfer & Sightseeing
Bhutan is the only country in the world where Vajrayana Buddhism is a way of every day life and is often known as The Last Shangri-la.Welcome to Bhutan the happiest place on Earth! Famous for its concept of Gross National Happiness, Bhutan is the best place to visit when you want to break away from the monotony of a hectic, stressful lifestyle. Be it the beauty of the spectacular Himalayas and wide landscapes dotted with rice-fields or the magnificent architecture of age-old monasteries and houses, Bhutan is a treat for your eyes, mind, body and soul.The two main cities are Thimphu, the capital city and Paro.
Day 01: Paro Airport – Thimphu Sightseeing
(Distance: 65 kms. / Driving Time: 2 hrs. / Altitude of Thimphu: 2350 mts.)
Meet & Greet on arrival at Paro Airport and transfer to Thimphu (7,710 ft.) the capital city of Bhutan. On arrival check in at the hotel. Afternoon start for half day Thimphu sightseeing consist of Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Statue) a place for refreshing with a huge statue of Buddha on the top of the Kuensel Phodrang, National Memorial Chorten - This Chorten was built in 1974 in a typical Tibetan style. It is also a center of worship for the people living in Thimphu. In the evening visit Tashichho Dzong (Fortress of the Glorious Religion) - The Dzong is the seat of the national government and the Central Monastic Body, including the summer residence of the Je Khenpo (Chief Abbot of Bhutan) at present. Overnight stay at Thimphu.
Day 02: Thimphu – Punakha/Wangdue - Sightseeing
(Distance: 77 kms. / Driving Time: 3 hrs. / Altitude of Punakha: 1310 mts.)
After breakfast drive to Punakha / Wangdue, On the way Stop at Dochu-La-Pass (3150 mts.). to view the higher Himalayas. Arrival at Punakha check in at hotel. After noon visit Punakha Dzong - built in 1637 by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal. For many years until the time of the second king, it served as the seat of the Government. The Dzong was named Druk Pungthang Dechen Phodrang (Palace of Great Happiness). Punakha is still the winter residence of Je-Khenpo and King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck convened the first National Assembly here in 1952. After that take a short and easy hike to visit the Chhimi Lhakhang - The Temple, also known as “The Temple of Fertility” was built by Lama Drukpa Kuenley, “The Devine Mad Man”. Evening free for leisure. Overnight stay at Punakha / Wangdue.
Day 03: Punakha/Wangdue – Paro Sightseeing
(Distance: 140 kms. / Driving Time: 5 hrs. / Altitude of Paro: 2280 mts.)
After breakfast drive to Paro (7,483 ft.). On the way stop at Lamperi to visit Royal Botanical Park. On arrival check in at the hotel. Afternoon visit Ta Dzong - National Museum with an excellent collection of arts, relics, religious thangkha, etc. Rinpung Dzong - Meaning "fortress of the heap of jewels". The dzong now serves as the administrative and judicial seat of Paro. Evening free for leisure. Overnight stay at Paro.
Day 04: Paro Sightseeing
After breakfast hike to the famous Taktsang Monastery - called “Tiger’s Nest” (2hrs hike from the base camp). Later visit Drukgyel Dzong & Kyichu Monastery. Overnight stay at Paro.
Day 05: Paro Airport
After breakfast check out from hotel and drop at Paro Airport for your onward journey.
Note: Above Quote/ Itinerary is just indicative. Do not consider it as a Final Schedule. Date& Time of Tours can be changed by Local Agent / Tour Operator.
1. Prices are dynamic and subject to change unless the booking is confirmed or vouchered.These are only offers over which STPL will try its best to initiate the process of confirmation. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer at any given time.
2. All Travellers must have a valid passport & visa or the required documents for visa at the time of booking otherwise company reserves the right to dishonor the booking.
3. Refusal or delay in issuance of Visa by concerned Authorities or any Immigration /On-arrival Clearance is a sole discretion of Foreign Embassies & Visa Issuing Authorities over which Company has no control. Visa Guidelines apply as per Booking Form attached.
4. In case of unavailability in the listed hotels & airlines, arrangement for an alternate accommodation with similar standard &alterate flight option will be made with availability .
5. Minimum Advance amount (part of tour cost) is taken to process the booking and to secure part Tour/Combo Cost & booking & reservation fees/cancellation charges or documentation amount for Visa submission as applicable (varying from case to case) in case tour is cancelled for whatsoever reason.
6. Given is a suggested itinerary and it may change as per the availability at the time of booking.
7. Extra Bed policy: can be a sofa cum bed / mattress / roll away or sharing the twin bed unless specified.
8. Child Policy: Every Hotel & service provider’s Child Policy is different. Child with bed & breakfast with 2 Adults means he/she will be provided with an Extra Bed which can be Sofa Cum Bed/Mattress/Roll away or sharing the rooms with parents unless specified. Alternately, where its clearly being mentioned Child No Bed/Breakfast(unless specified of any), it states that child will be provided only land arrangement. Breakfast & Bed if applicable, will be payable at the time of check in( as per hotel policy) if not prepaid. Few Hotels do not entertain 2 children in one room due to its size & their own policy.2 rooms will be required if 2 adults & 2 children (below 11yrs) are travelling together.
9. Hill stations Bookings within India :
-Hotels in hill stations may not have air conditioning due to weather conditions of the location or heaters .
-A/c in Vehicles will be operational only in plain areas.
10. The prices quoted by the Company in its brochures / quotation are in US Dollars or equivalent in foreign currency (local currency of the foreign country / countries being visited). The Company reserves the right to amend these prices in case of currency fluctuation and changes in various rates of exchange and/or fuel cost before departure, and to surcharge accordingly. All such increases in price in any sector of airlines , hotel, transportation etc must be paid for in full. Even seats reserved on the fare might increase due to taxes or airlines policy over which Skylink plays no role & has no control.
1. 01N Thimphu on Double / Twin Sharing Basis.
2. 01N Wangdue/Punakha on Double / Twin Sharing Basis.
3. 02N Paro on Double / Twin Sharing Basis.
4. Breakfast & Dinner included.
5. Exclusive Non-a/c vehicle for transfers & sightseeing as per itinerary.
6. All permit fees & hotel taxes (as per itinerary).
7. Guide charges (Only Bhutan Portion).
1. GST Extra on Total Billing.
2. Air Fare/Train fare.
3. Any charges related to Peak Season /festival/Holiday period/Early Check in /Late CheckOut/Mandatory Meals/Upgradations of rooms
4. Entrance Fee /Monument fees
5. Insurance, Baggage Claim & any related charges.
6. Hotel Security Deposit at the Check In/Resort Fees /City Taxes/Tourism Fees are always payable directly at Check In at Hotel.
7. Luggage truck ,Porterage Charges,Tips, Laundry , Extra Meals , all beverages etc .
8. Intercity surface transfers unless specified.
9. Breakfast missed due to flight timing.
10. In case Itinerary is blocked with Limited Kms & Hours ( especially applicable for Indian Itineraries ) :Any extra kms/Extra Hours charges payable extra to Driver /DMC directly by the customer in case the Travelling goes beyond the blocked kilometers limit/Fixed Tour plan/Point to Point ( transportation rates are charged from garage to garage i.e. the starting & ending point of the vehicle) .
11. Anything not mentioned under inclusions & any in Taxes, ROE, Fees or any hike over which STPL has no control.
12. Travel Insurance
- 36 days or more before departure: 80% of the package will be refunded
- Cancellation stage : 21 -35 days before departure :50% of the package will be refunded
- Cancellation stage : 20 days or less before departure :No Refund
Non-refundable Booking, Any Misc Services with Non-refundable Charges cannot be counted /considered under the given policy. No refund will be there whatever the case may be.
1. Indian nationals do not require any visa for Bhutan. A permit will be issued at the entry point on production of a passport or Voter ID and 04 passport size photographs.
Bhutan Permit Note:
1. Entry Permit :Indian Nationals travelling between Bhutan & India do not need Visa. An identity document, be it either passport or an election commission I. D card is, however required for presentation at the immigration during entry, to obtain an entry permit along with 04 passport size photographs. Indian Nationals travelling between Bhutan and Nepal require valid passport as per Nepalese immigration regulation.
2. Route Permit :It is required for those travelling to restricted areas beyond Dochula pass. The Route Permit is processed & issued in Thimphu, only after arrival in Bhutan and on production of the Entry Permit. Two copies of passport size photos required while processing Route Permit. Also this permit can be processed only during working days (Mon-Fri) and applications are accepted from 9-11 a.m. and permit granted on same day from 3-5 p.m in summer and 3-4 p.m. in winter.
1. Adults must carry original & valid Passport or original Voter ID card. Children must carry original & valid Passport or original birth certificate & school photo ID card.
2. Remember to carry and other packings as per seasons and personal requirements (including hiking shoes)
3. Please check with your mobile service provider for charges related to Bhutan.
1. Tobacco & Tobacco products are banned in Bhutan.
2. Do not bring any plant or agricultural product out of Bhutan. It is illegal.
3. Credit cards are accepted in selected establishments in Bhutan.
4. Usage of Drones is strictly prohibited in Bhutan.
5. Photography is not allowed inside temples and Dzongs.