2N Thimphu, 1N Punakha Wangdi, 2N Paro
2N Thimphu,1N Punakha, 2N Paro, B'fast & Dinner, Transfer & Sightseeing
As a plane approaches towards its landing zone, a unique piece of land surrounded by a wall of high mountains starts revealing itself. Explore the valleys of Thimphu, Punakha and Paro with a guide, taking in ancient monasteries, majestic mountains and much more of this high-altitude Himalayan Kingdom. This itinerary, like all Amankora expeditions, can be adjusted to suit preferences, both before arrival and on the ground. However, scenic surroundings and peaceful atmosphere are not the only factors that have encouraged tourism in Bhutan.
Thimphu Overview: Is a bustling town on the bank of Thimphu Chu & set gloriously in the hills of the Thimphu valley. The capital has an interesting combination of tradition and modernity, and includes some of the most advanced and remotest parts of the kingdom. It is the home of the Bhutanese Royal family, Civil servants & Expatriates. We will take you through temples, dzongs, chortens, museums, handicraft stores, nunneries, parks and many more.
Punakha Overview: Punakha served as the capital of Bhutan until 1955. It’s the winter seat of the Je Khempo (Chief Abbot) & the monk body. It has a temperate climate & its rich fertile valley is fed by the Pho Chu & Mo Chu rivers.
Paro Overview: The beautiful valley is home to many of Bhutan’s oldest monasteries & temples. The countries only airport situated is in Paro. The valley is also home to Mount Chomolhari (7300 meters.) situated at the northern end of the valley whose glacier, water forms the Pa Chu which is flowing through the valley.
Packing List:- Here are a few things you must ensure you have before you travel to Bhutan:
- Valid passport
- Emergency contacts
- Laptop and mobile phone along with chargers
- Basic medication
- Woollens as per the season you’re visiting in
- Photocopies of documents required for entry permits and other permits
Day 01: Paro Airport – Thimphu (Distance: 65 kms. / Driving Time: 2 hrs. / Altitude of Thimphu: 2350 mts.)
Meet & Greet on arrival at Paro Airport and transfer to Thimphu (7,710 ft.) the capital city of Bhutan. On arrival check in at the hotel. Evening explore the Thimpu town by walk. Overnight stay at Thimphu.
Day 02: Thimphu Sightseeing
After breakfast visit Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Statue) a place for refreshing with a huge statue of Buddha on the top of the Kuensel Phodrang, National Memorial Chorten (Monument) & Folk Heritage Museum. Afternoon visit Sangaygang View Point, Changangkha Monastery, Takin Preserve Centre, the national animal of Bhutan can be seen here. In the evening visit Tashichho Dzong (Fortress of the Glorious Religion). Overnight stay at Thimphu.
Day 03: Thimphu – Punakha/Wangdue Sightseeing (Distance: 77 kms. / Driving Time: 3 hrs. / Altitude of Punakha: 1310 mts.)
After breakfast drive to Punakha / Wangdue, On the way Stop at Dochu-La-Pass (3150 mts.) to view the higher Himalayas. Arrival at Punakha check in at hotel. After noon visit Punakha Dzong - built in 1637 by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal. For many years until the time of the second king, it served as the seat of the Government. The Dzong was named Druk Pungthang Dechen Phodrang (Palace of Great Happiness). Punakha is still the winter residence of Je-Khenpo and King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck convened the first National Assembly here in 1952. After that take a short and easy hike to visit the Chhimi Lhakhang - The Temple, also known as “The Temple of Fertility” was built by Lama Drukpa Kuenley, “The Devine Mad Man”. Evening free for leisure. Overnight stay at Punakha / Wangdue.
Day 04: Punakha/Wangdue – Paro Sightseeing (Distance: 140 kms. / Driving Time: 5 hrs. / Altitude of Paro: 2280 mts.)
After breakfast drive to Paro (7,483 ft.). On the way stop at Lamperi to visit Royal Botanical Park. On arrival check in at the hotel. Afternoon visit Ta Dzong - National Museum with an excellent collection of arts, relics, religious thangkha, etc. Rinpung Dzong - Meaning "fortress of the heap of jewels". The dzong now serves as the administrative and judicial seat of Paro. Evening free for leisure. Overnight stay at Paro.
Day 05: Paro Sightseeing
After breakfast hike to the famous Taktsang Monastery - called “Tiger’s Nest” (2hrs hike from the base camp). Later visit Drukgyel Dzong & Kyichu Monastery. Overnight stay at Paro.
Day 06: Paro Airport
After breakfast check out from hotel and drop at Paro Airport for your onward journey.
Note: Above Quote/ Itinerary is just indicative.Do not consider it as a Final Schedule.Date& Time of Tours can be changed by Local Agent / Tour Operator.
1. Prices are dynamic and subject to change unless the booking is confirmed or vouchered. These are only offers over which Skylink will try its best to initiate the process ofconfirmation. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer at any given time.
2. All Travellers must have a valid passport & visa or the required documents for visa at the time of booking otherwise company reserves the right to dishonor the booking.
3. Refusal or delay in issuance of Visa by concerned Authorities or any Immigration /On-arrival Clearance is a sole discretion of Foreign Embassies & Visa Issuing Authorities over which our Company has no control. Visa Guidelines apply as per Booking Form attached.
4. In case of unavailability in the listed hotels & airlines, arrangement for an alternate accommodation with similar standard & alternate flight option will be made with availability.
5. Minimum Advance amount (part of tour cost) is taken to process the booking and to secure part Tour/Combo Cost & booking & reservation fees/cancellation charges or documentation amount for Visa submission as applicable (varying from case to case) in case tour is cancelled for whatsoever reason.
6. Given is a suggested itinerary and it may change as per the availability at the time of booking.
7. Extra Bed policy: can be a sofa cum bed / mattress / roll away or sharing the twin bed unless specified.
8. Child Policy: Every Hotel & service provider’s Child Policy is different. Child with bed & breakfast with 2 Adults means he/she will be provided with an Extra Bed which can be Sofa Cum Bed/Mattress/Roll away or sharing the rooms with parents unless specified. Alternately, where its clearly being mentioned Child No Bed/Breakfast(unless specified of any), it states that child will be provided only land arrangement. Breakfast & Bed if applicable, will be payable at the time of check in( as per hotel policy) if not prepaid. Few Hotels do not entertain 2 children in one room due to its size & their own policy.2 rooms will be required if 2 adults & 2 children (below 11yrs) are travelling together.
9. Hill stations Bookings within India :
-Hotels in hill stations may not have air conditioning due to weather conditions of the location or heaters .
-A/c in Vehicles will be operational only in plain areas.
10. The prices quoted by the Company in its brochures / quotation are in INR/US Dollars or equivalent in foreign currency (local currency of the foreign country / countries being visited). The Company reserves the right to amend these prices in case of currency fluctuation and changes in various rates of exchange and/or fuel cost before departure, and to surcharge accordingly. All such increases in price in any sector of airlines , hotel, transportation etc must be paid for in full. Even seats reserved on the fare might increase due to taxes or airlines policy over which Skylink plays no role & has no control.
11. Standard hotel check-in time for domestic and international hotels is from 1400 hours to 1600 hours and check-out time is 1000 hours to 1200 hours. Complimentary early check-in or late check-out will be subject to availability at the discretion of the hotel.
12. Late payment interest @24% per annum shall be charged on all outstanding bills after due date.
13. Booking Terms and Conditions mentioned in Skylink Booking Form immediately applies with effect from the day of acceptance received on the email or wats app weather it is duly signed or not before making the payment .
1. Return airfare included Delhi Paro Delhi in Economy Class.
2. 02N Thimpu stay on double sharing basis.
3. 01N Punakha stay on double sharing basis.
4. 02N Paro stay on double sharing basis.
5. Daily Breakfast & Dinner in Hotels.
6. All airport transfers & sightseeing in luxury transportation on SIC Basis.(Non A/C)
7. Daily Certified Experienced Guide for whole trip.
8. 02 Water Bottle During Sightseeing 500 ML.
9. Immigration Charges Included.
10. All Bhutan road permits/toll/parking charge included.
11. GST included.
1. GST Extra on Total Billing unless specified
2. Visa on arrival or Visa Fees payable to Concerned Authorities
3. Any charges related to Peak Season /festival/Holiday period/ Chinese New Year/Early Check in /Late CheckOut/Mandatory Meals/Upgradations of rooms
4. Entrance Fee /Monument fees
5. Insurance,Baggage Claim & any related charges.
6. Hotel Security Deposit at the Check In & Resort Fees /City Taxes/Tourism Fees are always payable directly at Check in.
7. Luggage truck , Porterage Charges, Tips, Laundry , Extra Meals , all beverages etc
8. Intercity surface transfers/ Airfare/Train Fare unless specified.
9. Breakfast missed due to flight timing.
10. In case Itinerary is blocked with Limited Kms & Hours (especially applicable for Indian Itineraries) :Any extra kms/Extra Hours charges payable extra to Driver /DMC directly by the customer in case the Travelling goes beyond the blocked kilometers limit/Fixed Tour plan/Point to Point ( transportation rates are charged from garage to garage i.e. the starting & ending point of the vehicle) .
11. Anything not mentioned under inclusions & any in Taxes, ROE, Fees or any hike over which Skylink has no control.
12. Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
13. Train fare / Air Fare
- 36 days or more before departure: 80% of the package will be refunded.
- Cancellation stage: 21 -35 days before Departure: 50% of the package will be refunded.
- Cancellation stage: 20 days or less before Departure: No Refund.
- Non -Refundable Booking, Any Misc. Services with Non-refundable Charges cannot be counted /considered under the given policy.No refund will be there whatever the case may be.
BHUTAN PERMIT NOTE:
1. Entry Permit :Indian Nationals travelling between Bhutan & India do not need Visa. An identity document, be it either passport or an election commission I.D card is, however required for presentation at the immigration during entry, to obtain an entry permit along with 04 passport size photographs. Indian Nationals travelling between Bhutan and Nepal require valid passport as per Nepalese immigration regulation.
DO’S IN BHUTAN
1. All the citizens, except India and Bangladesh, need VISA to enter into Bhutan.
2. One need s Route Permits to travel in Bhutan and this is provided by the Immigration office at Thimphu.
3. Either carry Nu (Bhutan's currency) or INR (Indian Rupees).Both is accepted in Bhutan, though 500 and 1000 Indian rupee notes might not be as easily accepted.
4. Do bring MasterCard - NOT Visa or other credit cards. Banks, ATM's will NOT give cash on a Visa credit card in Thimphu or Paro and other areas as well and only a few merchants will take credit cards.
DON’T’S IN BHUTAN
1.Tobacco is absolutely prohibited in Bhutan. The tourists might use it, but extra care should be taken. Selling or giving tobacco to the locals is also a crime.Make sure you take off your footwear before you enter into any religious place.
2.You are advised to dress discretely and modestly in Bhutan. If you’re visiting any Bhutanese temple (Tsechu), they’d admire you if you wear their national dress gho & kira. Also make some donation to Tsechu.
3.Foreign nationals are not permitted to carry Indian rupees across the border to and from India.
4.Buying and selling of antiques is strictly forbidden in Bhutan.Don't jump to give toys or treats to children in exchange for photo offers. Locals are careful not to breed a generation of children who beg tourists, as happens – but adults likely will not object out loud out of politeness.