2N Auckland, 2N Rotorua, 2N Coromandel, 1N Auckland
2N Auckland, 2N Rotorua, 2N Coromandal Peninsula, 1N Auckland
See the best of the north with our Classic Upper North Island touring itinerary! Talk to a Skylink Travel Expert as New Zealand trip planner to customize your vacation.Take part in a Classic North Island Tour of New Zealand to delve into the most scenic sights an island can offer and relish each site to the best.
Day 1: Arrive in Auckland
Welcomes to the City of Sails, Auckland. Upon arrival Self drive clients will pick up the rental car from the airport and drive to your hotel.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 2: Auckland sightseeing
This morning, self drive passengers enjoy your local sightseeing; Today see firsthand why Auckland is regarded as one of the best cities in the world to live in, as you enjoy this half day tour around the central city and picturesque suburbs. Journey begins with a short trip over the Harbour Bridge to the North Shore before returning to the central city to visit Queen St and the Auckland Viaduct. You will then drive along the scenic waterfront route of Tamaki Drive to the Michael Joseph Savage Memorial Park, in Mission Bay. A memorial to the first Labour Prime Minister of New Zealand and the founder of the welfare state. Michael Joseph Savage Memorial Park has panoramic views over Whenua Rangatira, Auckland city and Waitemata Harbour. This park is a popular wedding and tourist venue, with formal gardens and perfect venue for flying a fabulous array of colourful and creative kites. Then return to downtown Auckland. Highlights: Harbour Bridge, Viaduct Harbour, Queen Street, Auckland Domain, Tamaki Drive, Michael Savage Memorial.
Afternoon at leisure to do the optional activities like; Sky Tower, Sky Walk, Harbour cruise, Bungy etc (not included). Overnight at hotel. (B)
Day 3: Auckland – Rotorua via Waitomo
Travel to Rotorua ‘Thermal City’ of Rotorua via Waitomo cave; your guided tour will take you through over 250 metres of stunning underground scenery commencing with the impressive Cathedral. The acoustics in this particular cavern are world-renowned. Acclaimed New Zealand Diva, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, has sung here and was delighted with the purity of the sound. Your tour begins at the upper entrance of the cave and proceeds along a low narrow passage to the Tomo, a deep limestone shaft. Your experienced tour guide will deliver a highly informative commentary about the formations and the history of the area. The highlight of your tour is an unrivalled boat trip through the spectacular Glowworm Grotto.
Evening enjoy Maori Cultural Show & Hangi Feast Feast at hotel; When it comes to memorable moments in welcoming restaurants, Rotorua NZ offers something special in the remarkable Feast & Revue Rotorua.The Magically Maori Feast and Revue features a traditional New Zealand Maori cultural experience combined with a superb evening meal, performed by the pool in a tropical setting. A fantastic photo opportunity.
Opening Hours: Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for the feast; Maori Revue concert begins at 7:45 p.m.
Overnight at hotel (B)
Day 4: Rotorua sightseeing
After breakfast, today we proceed for the Rotorua local sightseeing; visit Rainbow, Rainbow Springs is a stunning kiwi wildlife park where you can get up close and personal with all of NZ’s favourite native birds and lizards, including the kiwi and tuatara. Learn about our kiwi conservation project and visit our kiwi enclosures – the nocturnal house by day or come back at night to see kiwi under the stars in their outdoor enclosure.
Later visit Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, thousands of Years in the Making. A Wonderland of Stunning Geothermal Activity. Explore spectacular nature at New Zealand’s most colourful volcanic area. Enjoy viewing unique volcanic features as you walk at your own pace along well defined tracks.
Evening you have an option to release in the Spa or enjoy optional activities like; jet ride, Agroventures activity, Gondola, Volcanic air plane etc (not included). Overnight at hotel (B)
Day 5: Rotorua – Coromandel Peninsula
Today, travel to The Coromandel Peninsula on the North Island of New Zealand extends 85 kilometres north from the western end of the Bay of Plenty, forming a natural barrier to protect the Hauraki Gulf and the Firth of Thames in the west from the Pacific Ocean to the east.
The Coromandel, renowned for its pristine beaches, misty forests and laid-back vibe, is one of New Zealand's most popular holiday destinations. Stay overnight at hotel (B)
Day 6: Coromandel Peninsula
After breakfast you have day free to relax on the beach. Visit Hot water beach, within two hours either side of low tide visitor’s flock to the usually deserted Hot Water Beach to findhot water bubbling through the golden sand. Families, kids and couples can be seen digging their own spa pool in the sand and relaxing in the natural springs.
You also have an option to visit Cathedral Cove; Accessible only on foot, boat (not included) or kayak (not included), famous Cathedral Cove is one of the “must visit” sites on The Coromandel. Overnight at hotel (B)
Day 6: Coromandel Peninsula to Auckland
Today drive back to Auckland. On arrival you have an option to enjoy Rainbows End theme park or visit Museum of Motat; Auckland's Museum of Transport and Technology and explore fascinating exhibitions on the history of NZ transport, technology and Kiwi ingenuity (not included). Evening relax at your hotel room. (B)
Day 7: Departure day
After breakfast Self-drive customers will travel their rental car, drop the car at airport branch and board your flight for onward journey (flight not included)
1. Prices are dynamic and subject to change unless the booking is confirmed or vouchered. These are only offers over which Skylink will try its best to initiate the process of confirmation. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer at any given time.
2. All Travelers must have a valid passport & visa or the required documents for visa at the time of booking otherwise company reserves the right to dishonor the booking.
3. Refusal or delay in issuance of Visa by concerned Authorities or any Immigration /On-arrival Clearance is a sole discretion of Foreign Embassies & Visa Issuing Authorities over which Company has no control. Visa Guidelines apply as per Booking Form attached.
4. In case of unavailability in the listed hotels & airlines, arrangement for an alternate accommodation with similar standard &alternate flight option will be made with availability .
5. Minimum Advance amount (part of tour cost) is taken to process the booking and to secure part Tour/Combo Cost & booking & reservation fees/cancellation charges or documentation amount for Visa submission as applicable (varying from case to case) in case tour is cancelled for whatsoever reason.
6. Given is a suggested itinerary and it may change as per the availability at the time of booking.
7. Extra Bed policy: can be a sofa cum bed / mattress / roll away or sharing the twin bed unless specified.
8. Child Policy: Every Hotel & service provider’s Child Policy is different. Child with bed & breakfast with 2 Adults means he/she will be provided with an Extra Bed which can be Sofa Cum Bed/Mattress/Roll away or sharing the rooms with parents unless specified. Alternately, where its clearly being mentioned Child No Bed/Breakfast(unless specified of any), it states that child will be provided only land arrangement. Breakfast & Bed if applicable, will be payable at the time of check in( as per hotel policy) if not prepaid. Few Hotels do not entertain 2 children in one room due to its size & their own policy.2 rooms will be required if 2 adults & 2 children (below 11yrs) are travelling together.
9. Hill stations Bookings within India :
-Hotels in hill stations may not have air conditioning due to weather conditions of the location or heaters .
-A/c in Vehicles will be operational only in plain areas.
10. The prices quoted by the Company in its brochures / quotation are in US Dollars or equivalent in foreign currency (local currency of the foreign country / countries being visited). The Company reserves the right to amend these prices in case of currency fluctuation and changes in various rates of exchange and/or fuel cost before departure, and to surcharge accordingly. All such increases in price in any sector of airlines , hotel, transportation etc must be paid for in full. Even seats reserved on the fare might increase due to taxes or airlines policy over which Skylink plays no role & has no control.
11. Check in / Check out. Most hotels worldwide observe 1400-1600 Hrs. as Check-in time & 1000-1200 Hrs. as Check out time. If the Tourist/Group arrival is before or departure is after the normal check-in or check-out time, the Company is not responsible for additional charges levied by the hotel or travel component supplier and such charges are to be settled by the Tourist/Group directly with the hotel or travel components supplier.
1) Meet & greet on arrival in case of SIC customers (Self-drive customer will pick up the car on arrival with NO assistance at the airport).
2)2 Nights Accommodation in Auckland as mentioned in the itinerary on Dbl STD sharing rooms.
3)2 Nights Accommodation in Rotorua as mentioned in the itinerary on Dbl STD sharing rooms.
2)2 Nights Accommodation in Coromandal Peninsula as mentioned in the itinerary on Dbl STD sharing rooms.
2)1 Nights Accommodation in Auckland as mentioned in the itinerary on Dbl STD sharing rooms.
3)All applicable government taxes 15% GST.
4)Daily cooked breakfast in Hotel’s restaurant, in case of no restaurant at hotel/ motel, Continental breakfast will be served in your room a day prior.
5)Sightseeing & entrances fees as per itinerary.
-Rainbow Springs (Rainbow Springs and National Kiwi Trust Combo (FIT Entry to Rainbow Springs (all day pass)
-Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland – Admission
-Maori Hangi & Concert at Rotorua hotel
6)All transfers and tours as mentioned in the itinerary on self-drive by 1X Toyota Camry 5door Hatch or similar for Standard , 1x Intermediate Toyota Camary or similar for Superior , 1x Intermediate AWD Toyota Rav 4or similar for Deluxe.
1. GST Extra on Total Billing
2. Visa Fees payable to Concerned Authorities
3. Any charges related to Peak Season /festival/Holiday period/Early Check in /Late Check Out/Mandatory Meals/Upgradations of rooms
4. Entrance Fee /Monument fees/ Guide Charges / Optional Cost
5. Insurance , Baggage Claim & any related charges.
6. Hotel Security Deposit at the Check In/Resort Fees /City Taxes/Tourism Fees are always payable directly at Check In at Hotel.
7. Luggage truck ,Porterage Charges,Tips, Laundry , Extra Meals , all beverages etc
8. Intercity surface transfers unless specified.
9. Breakfast missed due to flight timing.
10. In case Itinerary is blocked with Limited Kms & Hours ( especially applicable for Indian Itineraries ) :Any extra kms/Extra Hours charges payable extra to Driver /DMC directly by the customer in case the Travelling goes beyond the blocked kilometers limit/Fixed Tour plan/Point to Point ( transportation rates are charged from garage to garage i.e. the starting & ending point of the vehicle) .
11. Anything not mentioned under inclusions & any in Taxes, ROE, Fees or any hike over which Skylink has no control.
13. Visa Charges
- 36 days or more before departure :80% of the package will be refunded
- Cancellation stage : 21 -35 days before departure :50% of the package will be refunded
- Cancellation stage : 20 days or less before departure :No Refund
- Non-refundable Booking, Any Misc Services with Non-refundable Charges cannot be counted /considered under the given policy. No refund will be there whatever the case may be.
Rental car / Self-drive:
1. Client will be required to present his/her driver’s license (Indian) with driver’s photograph, Age clearly mentioned and it must be in English to the rental car company in order to claim the vehicle.
2. Driver must carry a valid Credit card with enough funds(almost NZ$4,000) to pay a security bond at the time of collecting the vehicle without a valid Credit card a car can-not be hired and no refunds will be made for cancellation.
3. On self-drive: clients will need to carry a valid credit card with enough funds for bond (Cash bond will not be acceptable by rental car company), also need to carry valid full driving licence (should be in clear English).
4. Toll, Parking and Fuel is NOT including in the cost. For additional information related to Toll please go to www.nzta.govt.nz
5. Rental car Rate Includes: GST, Unlimited Kilometers, Loss Damage Waiver (Standard Basic Insurance) and NZ Road maps
6. Rental car Rate Excludes: GPS, Airport fees, Comprehensive insurance, Parking, Fuel, Fines, ferry terminal pick up fee, Ferry transfer, premium location surcharge, 24 hrs roadside assistance, Toll taxes, Snow chain and One way fees if any.
7. V.IMP: Please visit the below website to learn about NZ driving safety rules https://www.nzta.govt.nz/safety/driving-safely/senior-drivers/senior-driver-safety/safety-videos/
8. Effective 01 April 2016 Cash Deposits will no longer be accepted on the rental car.